3. Aftermath

*trigger warnings*

He felt mixed emotions after hearing those words. The only reason he felt displeased with the fact that she killed her husband was because he couldn't get to avenge for his friend's state... Though he was proud of the fact that his friend killed that disgusting and terrible person, which is what he truly deserved and even more worse, actually... But largely he was worried about the consequences of killing someone on her state of mind... He knew her very well and she was certainly not someone who would be okay with killing or even hurting anyone even though it was clearly to defend her own self..

He couldn't think about the amount of pain Charlene must have endured.. the intensity of fear she felt.. and the terror she might have gone through, which may have led her to kill her husband... He hated referring to that man as her husband, even in his thoughts.. that's certainly what a husband shouldn't be..

He tried asking her questions and coaxed her to tell him more about the incident, but all he got in return was her silence .. Her disoriented eyes flooded with newly formed tears, and it seemed like she couldn't hear a single word he was saying... She was in a state of shock, unable to tell him anything about what has happened..
Thinking that it would be useless to persuade her to talk about it, he gave up the idea and decided to give her some time until she was ready to talk... As much as he was concerned about the incident, he really didn't wish to push her too far. It may only deteriorate her condition.
He placed his hand gently on the side of her waist, which startled her, and he retracted his hand immediately.. He was only trying to help her lay on the bed, so that she could rest but he forgot momentarily that she wasn't comfortable with touch...

In a slightly apologetic voice, he stated,
"Get some sleep.."

In a complying manner, she slowly laid herself back on the bed... Her aching body felt a bit comfortable on the soft mattress, as she groaned slightly with both pleasure and pain; pleasure from resting her tired body and pain from all the wounds and injuries on her back on which she laid..
Loki carefully draped a blanket over her.. He looked over her face, and her eyes were already half closed wearily.. She had become a breathing but lifeless person.
He slowly broke his gaze away from her sleeping form, and walked out of the room,closing the door behind him..
He was relieved that atleast he got to know the name of the one responsible for her suffering, even though he was dead, he wanted to know everything he could.. He stormed out of the house in search of as much information as he could gather..

***

Charlene moved a little in discomfort in the middle of the night.. Her eyebrows knotted together forming a frown.. Her forehead was covered in sweat, and she tried hard to move her body, while her eyes still shut.. She saw flashes of those unpleasant memories... And her body burned and ached with each memory flashing in her mind...

Suddenly her eyes shot open and she jolted up on the bed.. Her heart was pounding in her chest and it felt like it would leap out of her chest any moment... She placed her hand on her chest in an attempt to calm herself down... Her eyes were dancing with terror.

She tried to move slowly, struggling to sit more comfortably when her body froze, and her eyes widened when she heard a faint whistle.. She could feel goosebumps on her skin, when she realised that it was the same tune... The same tune her husband used to hum all the time...

The room went dreadfully and unbearably silent, frightening her even more, as all she heard was that faint whistling sound. A chill ran down her spine when she heard the whistling sound getting louder each second... Her body shuddered mercilessly.. She struggled to breath out of fear, gasping uncontrollably...