Hunters

Still in the royal throne room, taking a minute or two to comprehend all of that information he obtained. King Zar gazes at Seer and asks, "Alright so I know what I need to know about the Blacksmiths, tell me more about the Hunters we've hired."

Deciding to put behind a problem first before submerging into the good news, Seer leaves a few parchments on a small round table close by and comes back to explain. "We had a few complications, the people I paid misunderstood my words and told the population that we're hiring experienceless Hunters as well."

Knowing that this won't necessarily drain gold, Zar's mood remains unchanged as he queries. "So I suppose you had trouble sorting them all out?" 

Explaining more about the dilemma, liking how the King is taking it lightly, Seer weighs in. "I didn't count but there were at least 80 trying to apply. It's odd how they would be more interested in hunting, probably because all they need to do is set nets and carry the catch."

Furthermore explaining how it was a pain right deep in the ass, Seer lengthens his speech. "That slight misunderstanding took more time out of my life than interviewing those 54 Blacksmiths!"

Finally explaining the glowing side of this coin, Seer cites. "But I got through it all with decent results. You said that getting as little as one Hunter isn't bad, i got 6 of them Sire!"

His face carrying a smile, his mood set to a bliss, Zar's tone cracks a bit here and there as his excitement projects. "With Hunters present, we can feed the poor with nice tasty meat. Do you understand how big that achievement is?! Even Crutal Kingdom is far from doing it!"

Understanding why the King is so excited, Seer takes this economically and explains why the poor might have never tasted meat in their lives. "I recall that only a Kilogram of Boar meat costs 20 Gold Coins there! So yes, this day marks a Grand achievement!"

Perhaps sharing a similar thought with Seer now although they might not have realized it, Zar adds the financial benefits of this move. "Since we have our own source of meat, we can sell it for half the market price here. Most people can afford it that way, able to enjoy luxury from time to time although not everyday."

This at least makes everything easier Income-wise, Income from Pameres Kingdom's people itself will help tame expenses and earn a bit extra too.

Such half the price technique can be used on weaponry as well, but considering the Blacksmith salaries, it won't really be an Income worth the time.

Complimenting the King's excitement, Seer weighs in a key fact. "This will improve the quality of life, it's a good starting point."

Remembering what the main reason behind this recruitment was, Zar switches the topic with a demand. "However, the Hunter's main priority shall be to provide leather for the Blacksmiths, the Blacksmiths are to turn the leather into leather straps." 

Having a few topics researched for the sake of this Domain's progress, letting silence stretch a few seconds, Zar adds. "What is excessive for one week, shall be brought here to the Castle for us to sell. A full patch of boar leather costs 50 Gold Coins after all."

In terms of selling, Seer understands that the King means to profit from the people he pays here. 

So that leaves other topics to focus on, of which he doesn't fail to express, envision. "If we strike a steady deal in selling leather, we can hire experienceless Hunters and train them so we can expand this sort of business. It would be heavily beneficial to the economy."

Not used with handling Hunters for a long while, immediately after Seer switches towards a topic where he squeeze information out of. "What if the hunters fail to bring any of the so called 'game' here? Do we need to fire any if they keep failing?"

Not having this thought through up until this point, unwilling to think about failure. The King still has what it takes to build up a system for such a case, rules. "The forest is practically next door, and I don't expect them to hunt after bears either."

Taking a few seconds more to think it through, rubbing his smooth hairless chin too, Zar continues. "They are however ordered to put up 10 traps and check them each day. If the hunt is too big to drag alone, they can ask for assistance from other Hunters.

Understanding that this idea comes with another downside the moment he ordered it, Zar also has to add. "If the other hunters are busy themselves, they can ask Guards for assistance!"

Of course Zar doesn't want to tire Guards with responsibilities they technically don't have to break a sweat for. But even if pulling with a cart, it is hard to carry big prey through a dense forest. The forest is so thick, it would be almost considered a Swamp if there were small pools here.

But perhaps saving Guards with what could be a good pain in the ass, Seer pitches. "That isn't a responsibility for Guards to take, with all due respect Sire. I have a possibly better idea!"

"Do you? Please tell!" Zar is giving in good attempts to keep his manners under great control.

A lot of other Kings would behead anyone who goes against the King's word! 

Days earlier before the revolution however, Zar had an emotional breakdown. The forces of good and evil battling inside of him, were eating his nerves and emotions for a long time.

That process went on for weeks until he found inner peace when he declared independence from the illustratian Alliance.

He didn't have precious time to support a father who publicly rejects him as a son, but today however he doesn't want to follow his father's way of negotiating which mostly originates around brutality.

Not sure how to put this into words, Seer takes a moment to think and finally explains. "What if we equip Hunters with Lumberjack axes, for them to clear out a road through the forest. The road doesn't have to be fancy, but over the years if it remains with no vegetation on it, there will be nothing but small rocks, aiding on pulling the prey."

Revealing where he got this idea from, Seer mumbles. "I hear this is how the Lumberjacks drag Wood."

"But will this be effective on a forest which is commonly flatish with small hills here and there... sometimes bigger?" Asked Zar who seems to be approving this plan, but still being sceptical.

And of course using reasoning as his best friend for once in terms of comprehending a situation, Seer pitches. "It will have some difficulties but it's better than dragging 'game' through thick trees and vegetation. It will increase the productivity rate over time as forest roads become common!"

Seeing no reason to fight against this idea, not that he wanted to go against it to begin with. Zar expresses, "Then it shall be how you say Seer, equip them with axes and order the Blacksmiths to make more if required. Would be odd to look for axes elsewhere considering the Blacksmiths earn salaries here."

Well mannered, Seer mumbles through. "Thank you for considering my idea Sire."

With a thought planted in Seer's mind, he immediately expresses it. "Speaking of expenses, I have to add. With the Blacksmiths and Hunters hired, it will cost 10,734 Gold Coins a month to pay them. We need to strike a deal with the Zamerians as soon as possible or we will be spending more than earning."