entry thirty-four

should i even use this journal anymore? i got it to keep track of my feelings for you but those seem to be fading. you haven't talked to me in a while, which definitely hurts.

when i told daniel about how i poured my heart out to you and how you responded... let's say he didn't take it well.

"he what?" daniel fumed. he looked all around me, searching for any sign of you. daniel spotted you behind me a bit down the hallway, of course, hanging with christina at her locker. i turned around and saw as you two shared a kiss.

i felt nauseous.

daniel brushed past me, trying to get to you but i held him back. i really didn't want him to make a scene.

"hey!" daniel called. "besson!"

"no, no, daniel please, it's fine," i begged. people turned to look. you looked up from kissing christina to see me holding daniel back. you were confused.

i saw the look in your eyes. you were fucking confused. what was there to be confused about? do you really not know how you basically led me on?

daniel raised his middle finger in your direction, clearly making a point as "ooh's" and "ah's" rippled through the hallway.

"what do you want, seavey?" you yelled back.

"it's nothing!" i said, trying to de-escalate the situation. "forget it, sorry."

"no, zach c'mon, let's settle this," daniel pressed softly. i shoved him backwards.

"no, daniel! i don't wanna settle this," i whisper yelled. "just forget it, he's not worth the time."

daniel stopped fighting against me and sighed. he gave one more look at me and then a look at you before he turned and walked away.

i looked back at you too. you glanced shortly at me before grabbing christina by the waist and starting a make out with her.

okay, besson. that hurt.

~ zach
1.17.18
thursday
2:35 pm