Unusual Circumstances

After Ginny and Hermione left the room was filled with awkward silence.

"I'm going to go back to the joke shop to check on something," Ron said, shattering the tension, then directed at Harry, "Tell me when they come back with the Time-Turner." With that he disappeared with a swift crack! now leaving the two wizards with nothing to do.

Malfoy began to say something and at the same time Harry started as well. They both stopped, hesitant to continue, "You can say it first," Harry offered.

The platinum-haired man rolled his eyes, "Potter, I need you to be ready for the fact that they might not come back."

Quite fed up with Malfoy, Harry shot back, "Hermione and Ginny are the two most capable people I know, they will find a way to get the children back."

"What I'm saying is..." Draco tried again, in hopes of not offending Harry once more, "... that this information is not exactly reliable and what if Mr. Jackson decides not to say anything, what if he's not home, what if he forgot? I mean, who would remember three random ladies from an event that happened fifteen years ago. Fifteen Potter." He apparated away, and left Harry thinking what they would do next. Because they couldn't fail. If they did, he wouldn't know what to do, and that's what scared him the most.

Hermione and Ginny were (shooketh) not having it easy. They were apprehended by the MACUSA as there were "magical activities" in the city and apparently New York didn't have many wizards. After Valde Stultus, a member of the Magical Congress, apologized time and time again for almost harming the Minister of Magic he left, frightened.

Sighing, Ginny lowered her wand. "I was afraid that I would have to perform the Bat-Bogey Hex on him."

Hermione raised her eyebrows, amused, "Still? After all these years... I would have thought you would have matured."

Shoving her friend playfully, she blew a raspberry, "What makes you think I've matured at all?"

And the both of them laughing at the hilarity of it all, apparated, leaving one very bewildered Percy Jackson as he looked outside his window.

***

It was barely fifteen minutes yet Harry was still waiting for Ginny's and Hermione's arrival. Ron, after sorting out a dispute between him and George, returned to his spot on the couch, while Malfoy was nowhere to be found.

The two talked briskly, the impatience getting to them when the two women arrived.

"Finally!" Ron threw his hands in the air, "It took forever! I can practically feel myself getting older by the second."

Hermione, Time-Turner in hand, snapped, "Getting old? Sitting on that couch? Ronald Weasley, I swear I am going to... Ginny you were talking about that hex you still had up your sleeve?"

Harry chuckled at Ron's terrified face, forgetting their current situation and replied, "You guys still bicker like an old married couple. Ron, you're just proving your point!"

Surprisingly, as Ginny was about to start the hex just for the sake of it, Malfoy walked in. Ron, not expecting him, groused, "That was what was missing. The grumpy old cat. No wonder we--"

Malfoy retorted, "I'm shocked to see your in the mood for insults as someone is pointing a wand at you right now."

Argument still in mind, Hermione jumped into the conversation again and dangled the Time-Turner in front of all of them, "Hello? We're still missing the kids." The three wizards jumped back fighting off complaints, while Ginny was smirking besides all of them.

"So let's cross our fingers that they didn't interact with anyone from the past," Hermione stated, starting to twist the Time-Turner.

"Knowing James he probably did," Ginny muttered, touching the Time-Turner. Harry, Ron and Draco followed her action.

Before anybody could say anything else, they all disappeared in a flash.

***

Draco Malfoy wasn't having the best day, but tormenting Potter made it a lot better. After flashing his Potter Stinks badge, content he sat down waiting for Professor Snape to start his lesson. About halfway through the lesson, which involved him mainly scolding Crabbe for having the wrong measurements (Crabbe and Goyle were dimwits sadly), Professor Snape called for potions and Draco eagerly awaited Potter's shock when he realized he had to drink the potion. He carefully watched him as Professor Snape displayed the antidote and right before his godfather was going to demand Potter to drink the potion a burst of white light was emitted from the middle of the classroom.

Wand at the ready, Professor Snape slowly approached the portal. Draco, unsure what to do, like many of his fellow students, watched their teacher. However, from Draco's point of view he could see Potter getting ready to take his wand out. What happened next stunned everyone, because two fourth-year boys, Slytherins by the looks of their green ties, stumbled out of the glowing enigma.

After the two boys looked up and the portal disappeared, Draco Malfoy paled, and caught Potter staring straight at him. They looked like they were almost exact duplicates of the two. Hearing an "Oh, shoot," from one of them, Malfoy presumed they didn't come here on purpose.

Fast forward, a couple minutes later and the classroom was a mess, Professor Snape unconscious on the floor was enough Malfoy needed for his suspicions to be confirmed. Potter, the Mudblood and Weasley were off to it again. Gallivanting off to save Hogwarts one more time. From what? Apparently, a couple of Slytherins that somehow ended up in the Dungeons. Malfoy would have assumed that they ended up on the wrong side of a spell, but he didn't recognize the two of them from his year. Plus, he was sure no spell had that sort of effect.

Taking advantage of the chaos he slipped out of the room, following Potter and his friends. By the looks of it they were going to give Slytherin a bad name once more. And Malfoy was going to have none of that.

Hi, it's Mimi at it again! I was thinking of adding more so I would just have the epilogue to write, but then I decided against it because people are probably really annoyed 'cause I didn't update for three weeks... I think it's been three weeks... anywho, I'll probably be updating twice tomorrow and finishing the book so kudos to that! Finally!

Random Question: Can you find the hidden meaning of a phrase in this chapter?
Hint: It's in Latin, for all those Latin folks.

And yes I take Latin so it's accurate... hopefully...

With just over 1000 words I will leave it at that!

- tuO ecaeP, imiM

Last edited: July 10, 2019