𝚝𝚠𝚘

as luck would have it, the week went by fast. everyone's work life was going well too. both ringo and juliet were fortunate enough to get a few generous tips. for ringo, it was from music fanatics that were fascinated with his ability to play drums so well. for juliet, it was from some men trying to get lucky with her. just the perks of being a waitress. paul was able to land a few of his photos in a popular magazine. george and john, who are co-workers at a paper company were able to survive the wrath of firing workers that the boss had began.

the party was on saturday, and it was friday night. george and juliet were at a coffee shop, as per usual. enjoying their lattes together, george enthused about how many fit ladies he was going to shag at the party. juliet slightly tuned in, mindlessly agreeing to what he was saying. she couldn't get her mind off of paul recently. she really liked him, but he only would get in bed with the fittest models he was able to chat up. plain julie was nothing compared to them. maybe she could go shopping with ringo or one of the other boys to pick out just the most elegant dress. she could look like a real model. then maybe paul would notice her more.

"hello? are you even listening, jules?" george asked with irritation in his voice.

"yeah, sorry i was just zoning out. continue." she answered carelessly.

george shook his head.

"nah, we've been friends long enough that i know something's buggin' ya. what's up?" george asked.

juliet sighed, not wanting to get into it.

"it's nothing i... i don't want to get into it." juliet dismissed herself.

george shook his head.

"well, i'll just keep pestering you until you give in." he admitted with a shrug.

juliet knew that george wouldn't let go of it, so she gave in quickly.

"okay. so, i..." she started, genuinely not wanting to continue.

"i'm nervous about the party. i want to impress people!" she lied, a small smile on her face.

george shook his head.

"nah. you want to impress either me, john, ringo or paul." he replied back, setting down his cup.

'how was he so good at this?' juliet thought to herself.

"damn, okay. you got me." she admitted, letting out a chuckle.

george wiggled his eyebrows.

"is it me?" he asked with a devious smirk.

she laughed, shaking her head.

"no, you wish." she answered, giggling.

george rolled his eyes playfully before thinking about the topic for a short moment.

"paul." he called out, looking at her with a semi-confused look.

juliet blushed, looking down.

"you got me." she answered truthfully.

"blimey! no way!" george began to laugh.

juliet's blush turned deeper.

"don't make a deal out of it. its nothing!" she encouraged, trying to hush him.

george shook his head.

"well, mate. its not hard to shag him. but it'll be one hell of a ride to try and keep him." george advised truthfully.

juliet rolled her eyes with a smile.

"you think i don't know that? i live with the chap." she responded smartly.

george shrugged.

"just reminding you." he added.

juliet gave him a sweet smile.

"why though?" george asked.

juliet went back to blushing.

"oh please, you're gonna make me answer that?" she asked him.

george nodded shamelessly.

"i-i don't know. he's just so - what's the word..? irresistible." she answered.

"like - i joked with him that i would never want to be with him but... there was a temptation that still makes me want to know what he's like... sexually." she continued.

george, about to interrupt was instantly shut down by juliet.

"that's what it felt at first, but then i felt myself genuinely caring about the times he would get stood up. or when he was getting paid minimum wage for the amazing photos he takes. not like how you and the boys care. something more. i want to care for him. advise him, rant with him, learn about him. everything." she finished.

george raised his eyebrows, astounded.

"wow, you really fancy him." he responded, looking genuinely shocked.

juliet nodded shyly. she decided this was the best moment to invite him to quickly go for a shop for the best outfit she could afford.

"so, i really want to impress him tomorrow. would you mind coming with me to the shops for an outfit?" she asked him graciously.

"absolutely! you need to be dog's dinner for him tomorrow!" he answered, standing up and stretching.

she sat down, staring up at him.

george furrowed his brows.

"well cmon, you can't just sit there and expect the clothes to appear." he joked.

juliet laughed before standing up and walking with him out of the coffee shop.

paul stood there in pure shock, as he was listening in the entire time while he waited for his coffee.