Rhapsodies on Reincarnation

Once is never enough - Rhapsodies on reincarnation

Once, in a vision, I was a mother - my own mother and sister were my children. In their eyes, I lived the unimagined and unspeakable depths of joy and sorrow. Selfless loves’ fulfillment and unexpected fear. Knowing I would do anything to protect them, but that it would never be enough to keep them safe. Not even from a father's hand. Their innocence is but a whisper thin veil. I feel my heart constrict, in preparation for flight and our small world that is about to shatter.

 Once, in my travels, I met a soul-mate and was saddened that in the full bloom of my youth, his body was already bent and worn. My yearning for years together that wouldn’t be was eclipsed by the lifetime shared in and handful of days and nights that stretched into eternity. Without touching, our minds, hearts and souls were one, having heard each other call from opposite ends of the world.   

Once, living a dream, I met the love of my life. But it was another life. He did not recognize us. Though our words tumbled like waves over each other, our kisses fired electric, he chose not of dreams past. In my knowing, he was with me for all time. Desires of the flesh quelled by poetic beliefs

 Once, beyond the dream, I found part of my heart thought broken away. We travel all yesterdays, in elongated moments. In our easy laughter we could rest gentle in each other’s eyes; knowing things unmeasured by time, ageless as the oceans and entwined in the skies.

Once, upon waking, I met a stranger. Strong was the man that embraced my untamed nature. His quiet love enveloped me as slow as summer clouds, gentle as a caress and as sure as mother moon. His vigil spoke to the shadows resting inside my haunted heart. Without words he sang to me and I saw daylight in the perfect sky of his eyes. Our gazes colliding, blue and almost green, became a kaleidoscope of tomorrows, all shades purple.