10.

"Isabelle".

Izzy turned her gaze to that new voice... Not so new, really.

Raphael had just entered the room, smiling charmingly at her. Izzy smiled back.

"I'm here to help you, don't worry". "I thought you were in Mexico City".

After the battle with Jonathan ended, Izzzy noticed how everything was taking its own course.
As the life of each of her friends, including her own, advanced.

Some of them taking paths totally opposite to theirs, like Raphael. She knew that he had returned to his own hometown as soon as the storm had passed, and had rejoiced tremendously for him. 

"I was, it's true. Until your beloved Simon came looking for me".

She felt her heart skipped a beat. 

"Simon went all the way to Mexico to...?". "To be able to help you. He's a real nuisance sometimes, but I admit he's a good man".

Izzy didn't need anyone to tell her so, she already knew. Sometimes she surprised herself by watching him closely... Admiring him. 

Only the Angels knew how much love Isabelle felt every time Simon was by her side. Every time she found Simon looking at her as if she was the only one in his world.

"You don't need me to tell you, Izzy. You know my world revolves around you," he had told her during one of the many nights when they were both lying on Simon's couch, watching one of his many mundie films that she had come so much to adore.

"Where is he?". "Outside, waiting for us to help you". "That's right, Isabelle. With Raphael's help, we can get this over with," Catarina announced.

She nodded, suddenly dizzy. It was the effect of the yin fen.

She had been in that place for days, unable to help because of the consequences of the venom on her system.

I just want it to end once and for all, she thought again and again during those days. 

But Izzy had to admit that having Simon by her side was more than she could wish for.

He had been by her side day and night since Alec had disappeared, which she appreciated with all her heart. Simon had been the first to notice how upset she was that night. He was the first to aske her what was going one. 

"Good. Catarina I need to see what we're dealing with. Can you...?". "Of course. Isabelle, you know what's going to happen now".

Once again she nodded, wishing this was the last time to go through the painful and exhausting process.

---------------

Magnus finished explaining his idea to the rest of his friends, who had once again gathered in Alec's office.

"I think...". "Meliorn will be your partner, Jace. There will be no changes". He crossed his arms, frustrated.

"Anyone else would like to complain?" asked the warlock. No one did.

"The teams formed seem to be the right ones, Bane". "It doesn't bother you just because you've been hooked up with Underhill," Jace complained again. Clary gave him a slight elbow, intructing him to keep quiet.

"Luke's on his way?". "That's right. He and Maryse should be here by now. Just like our dear friend seelie". "I guess you're talking about me".

Meliorn was standing in the arch of the door. And to everyone's surprise, he was wearing a casual attire.