8.

"Call Catarina. She'll know what to do" Lorenzo ordered.

Alec's office was a complete disaster. 

On one side were Maia and Underhill, static in their places  in front of the image of the newcomer. There were also Clary and Jace. She, completely overwhelmed due to what she just heard and he, absolutely shattered after witnessing his wounded, broken parabatai. 

On the other side was Magnus, kneeling on the floor, in the center of the room, surrounded by all his friends. 

After that dreadful and tortuous cry, the warlock had begun to hyperventilate. Lorenzo was the only one on the room who was conscious enough to notice.

A warlock with trouble controlling himself was a real danger. Worse even if it was someone as powerful as Magnus Bane.

"Andrew, move! Go get Catarina right now" he ordered the shadowhunter again. This time, he reacted. Underhill ran out of the room in the direction of the infirmary, where Catarina would surely be.

"Maia, I need you to help me contain him". "You're crazy". "Now".

With nothing more to say, they both knelt before Magnus, who at the very moment was beginning to burn, literally. His hands were burning from an alarming bluish fire. "Bane, you need to calm down righ now or...".

"Don't touch him!" shouted Catarina as she entered the room. "All stay away from Magnus. Now".

All present obeyed.

"Magnus. Magnus, it's me, Catarina. I need you to relax your breath, okay?" her soft tone came to Magnus's ears. He observed her, completely lost.

Magnus didn't fully understand what was happening around him.

He remembered waking up covered in blood. Blood that wasn't his. He also remembered how, once again, a panic attack flooded his body, completely losing control.

Catarina, he had thought immediately. I have to see Catarina.

Though Ragnor came to his mind first.

He always knew what to do to calm him down. Multiple times, after escaping from his father, he had lost control. And it had not been until he met his dear frind Ragnor Fell that Magnus stopped destroying everything around him every time he got out of control.

But Ragnor was no longer alive.

Catarina was. And his dear Catarina, he thanked, has spent as much time with him as Ragnor.

Magnus opened a portal, thinking exactly at the last moment what was his destination.

He was tempted to think of Alec, but he didn't know where he was.

Entering a portal without knowing where he was going meant getting caught in limbo. 

Magnus, despite being confused, in the middle of a panic attack, knew that was a terrible idea. With that in mind, he thought of the Institute.

Now, kneeling there, surrounded by people... His friends. He didn't know what to do. He couldn't react.

His body felt like something of a outsider, something that didn't belonged to him.
He felt he had to be somewhere else, not there. But he coul not remember where. 

When he heard Catarina's voice, he knew everything would be better.
She would avoid the disaster he was probably about to cause. After all, Magnus always seemed to  managed to ruin it.

"You must breath. Well, inhale..." her orders were smooth but precise. He also felt her friend's hands perched on his shoulders, which were utterly tense.