If I'm The Babysitter... Can I Kiss The Daddy? Chapter 8

"Yes please," I said, getting off his lap.

"Come on then," Max coaxed me out of the lounge and grabbed a set of keys. We were just about to close the front door when Jack appeared at the foot of the marble stairs. He looked so gorgeous with his shirt untucked and tie undone. No, Chloe, Jack is a jerk, not sexy!

"Where are you taking her, Max?" Jack asked slowly.

"Home. Where else, brother Jacques?" Max turned to me and rolled his eyes dramatically. Ooh again with the accent... ahhh.

"No need, I will take her when I'm ready," Jack said through his teeth, avoiding my "WTF?!" stares.

"Well, I'm sorry to inform you Jacques, but Chloe is ready to go home whether you are or not so I am taking her like the gentleman that I am," Max said brusquely. And with that he closed the door in Jack's handsome face.

We went to the car park and Max gestured for me to get into a blue Lamborghini which I supposed was his car. I opened the door and stepped back expecting the door to swing outwards, but instead the door just slid upwards. Wow.

Once he had the car started and we were outside the iron gates and on the road, I felt I had to tell Max something.

"Max..." I started.

"Oui mon chéri," Max said with his sexy Frenchness.

"Um, I just wanted to say... thank you. Yeah, thank you for being my friend and standing up for me against Jack," I mumbled, staring into my lap.

"Hey, no problem. I know what Jacques is like with girls so I had to intervene," He smiled at me sexily and I blushed.

The rest of the ride home was mostly occupied with Max and I slagging off Jack and his filthy behaviour. I told Max which road was mine and he pulled up smoothly outside my house.

"Here we go, Chloe," he said, turning off the engine and we sat in silence for a few seconds. Suddenly, Max grabbed my neck quite roughly and his steady breathing stopped.

"What is this?" He asked, curiously, touching the love bite Jack had given me not so long ago. Although I could detect something else, something...darker in his voice. I shook that thought out of my head.

"Jack did it." I said, trying to turn away from him, for some reason I was embarrassed at Jack's actions. Max was quiet for another few seconds then he snapped out of his trance and pulled back and chuckled.

"What's so funny?" I asked, smiling just because he was.

"Oh nothing, just Jacques. Anyway, Chloe, I will be in London tomorrow and then I go back to France the next morning so I might see you if you babysit again tomorrow night." He looked at me hopefully. I made the mistake of looking into his light blue eyes and melted. He was just so sexy!

"Oh I'm sure Jack will have me babysitting again so don't worry I will see you before you leave." I smiled happily.

Max beamed and leant over and kissed me softly on the cheek. I was shocked. A slow blush worked its way up my neck as I touched my cheek where he had kissed me.

"I erm, I better be going now. Thanks for the ride, Max!" I said as I jumped out of the car and shut the door behind me.