Ch. 3-Let us help

David's P.O.V.
I was more than confused but what the diddly darn heck was going on! Neil was asking me to feed Max extra, which, in itself, was strange and out of the ordinary. Max always ate fine at camp, he was usually the first one finished. This started me thinking, ia Max short because he's throwing away his food and been starving himself?

I've never seen him without his hoodie, not once. Maybe there was something I wasnt seeing. I dont know anymore.

I go to Neil and Max's text, unzipping it open. Max turns to me a little, looking furious, then turns away. I sigh sadly and climb in,"Max, I....I worry about you sometimes and I just want you ok." He scoffs,"Oh look, you're the second person in my life thats actually cared about me. Thats a shocker." I'd like to say there was a tiny bit lf sarcasm in that but sadly, there wasnt. "Max, could I please see you with your hoodie of?" He jumps at the question,"Hell no, you perverted asshole! Im not taking my hoodie off." Max holds Mr, Honeynuts close anda scoots away from me,"You better get your ass out of here before I lose my shit with you too."

I didnt even care to say "language" though I could tell he expected it. "Seriously, what's your fucking problem?" He asks me and scrunches up in the corner.

I turn him around and looked at his face, his cheek a little red from anger. "Do you want to e a t extra when we serve you food, Max?" I ask and he looked confused and smacked my hand away. "I dont need your extra scraps. Feed them to the bears so they'll stop attacking us. Dont be lazy and throw them to me, asshole." "No, Max. We always make a lot of food so if campers want extra because they're hungry, we'll have some. Its not scraps. Please dont starve yourself, Max." And with that, he was done with everything. He was done with today, he was done with me, he was done with help.

"LISTEN TO ME, DIPSHIT! I DONT NEED YOUR FUCKING PITY AND I DONT NEED YOUR FUCKING EXTRA FOOD! IVE LIVED JUST FINE WITH WHAT IM EATING SO LEAVE ME THE FUCK ALONE!" Max screamed and I left the tent.

Gwen looked to me and I shook my head. It was lunch now. The Quarter Master already made food so I got a tray of it and added some extra to it. Neil gave me a sad smile when he saw me doing this.

I took the tray to Max and set it in the tent,"I'll leave you alone for the rest of the day. But please eat, Max."

3rd Person P.O.V.
Max zipped the tent back up quickly and sighed, looking at the food. He noticed a note that was taped under it and ripped it off, looking at it. Written in a messy cursive on it was "Let us help". Max growled and crumpled it up, stuffing it in his pocket. He quickly ate the food on the tray then set the tray outside of his tent before going to sleep on his bed.