Prologue

3rd person

A young man sat in his house when his doorbell rang. As he opened it, he didn't see anyone. Thinking it was just some kids ding-dong ditching, he started to close the door with a sigh until he heard a small whining. He looked down at his feet. There was a small basket with something it that was covered by a blanket. He gently pulled the blanket back to be met with two small gems like eyes. These eyes belonged to a baby that was inside the basket.

The man's eye's widened. Who would leave their baby on a random stranger's porch? Unless.... the man frowned at the thought. This child's parents didn't want to or couldn't care for the child. His orbs landed on a small note attached to the basket. He picked up the basket to bring the small child out from the cold while he read the note and what to do with her. His eye's skimmed the note reading each word carefully. The note said,

To whoever has received this note,

I'm terribly sorry to inconvenience you at this hour but I would like my child to have a safe home. I can no longer care for her on account that her father has left me and I cannot afford to keep her warm and well fed. I beg of you to care for her. If you are unable to care for her as well, please give her to someone you know or to an orphanage. Her name is Kiyoko.

Thank you

He felt bad for the small child. She didn't look more than a few months old. He pondered the situation for a bit before deciding to take her in. He may not be the best, but he would keep her safe, no matter the cost.

"Well, I guess I'll take care of you. You will be the only person that I can never harm. From now on, you're......

Kiyoko Yashiro"