Chapter 3: You Should Come Too (Feb.)

The first couple weeks of classes went by quickly and it was entertaining to say the least for Noah.

He learned more about Damien and his friends; like how Damien was not only a gossip but also a complete player according to Melissa and Ivy. Noah also found out that Ivy has a younger brother who attends Adrian's middle school and how Demarcus is an honor student and could be their graduating classes valedictorian if he keeps his grade up. Melissa was into music and played the piano and Nico was actually a senior like Noah, and was vice captain of the soccer team.

They all exchanged numbers with Noah and even started a little group chat that mostly contained Nico and Damien sending memes at odd hours while Melissa sent music recommendations. Demarcus and Ivy would send a message every now and then.

Noah also caught glimpses of Shade every now and then. He was able to piece together that Shade was a senior and he didn't seem to have any friends aside from one girl who he's seen with Shade a few times. She seemed to be the only person the pale boy actually had conversations with.

Damien never brought up Shade again but he would still catch Noah glancing at the boy every now and then. He didn't acknowledge it and just let him be. Demarcus caught on to what was going on also but didn't delve any deeper than he needed to.

Classes finally let out and Noah could finally have the weekend to finish setting up his room and help Adrian do the same since the boy did nothing but sleep and eat when he was home. As Noah and Damien walked towards the parking lot they were stopped by a tall girl with brunette hair and brown eyes. She was cute and thin like a model.

"Hey Damien," she said in a high voice as she smiled at the boys. Damien opened his mouth to greet her but was cut off when she continued speaking, "So the cheer squad is having a party at Victoria's place tomorrow and you should totally come."

Noah wasn't sure if she was only addressing Damien or the both of them but when he made a move to leave the brunette zeroed in on him too. "You should come too." She said to Noah with a smile. "Basically, everyone is invited, it's a pool party so bring clothes or show up in your bathing suit no one cares. The party starts at 7pm and ends whenever the booze runs out. See you there!"

With that the brunette left the two boys heading towards a group of students leaving and stopping them to let them know about the party.

"That was Jessica Vila, a total whirlwind of a chick." Damien said watching her, "Anyways yeah come to the party, Jess says the party ends when the booze runs out which is usually a lie since they send her older brother to buy more so I suggest you pace yourself and don't accept pills from strangers."

"Oh... okay," Noah said, "Are the others going also?"

Damien nodded and with that the two boys went their separate ways.

At home Noah was bombarded with a ton of screaming and scrambling. Sheila was searching for something and was running amok around the house while Scott tried to calm his panicking wife and settle Rose who was clearly uncomfortable with the distressed energy she was feeling.

"Sheila, honey," Scott said calmly, "it's probably in one of the million suitcases you brought."

"Uh," Noah said, getting the attention of his parents, "I'm going to a friend's house tomorrow night for a get together. Just letting you guys know."

"Noah, that's great." Sheila said distractedly as she rummaged through a box before heading upstairs.

"She's a bit preoccupied," Scott said apologetically as he bounced Rose who finally calmed down, "who is this friend?" he asked, being the ever so cautious father he was.

"Damien, he was my buddy for the week." Noah lied, but it sounded better than saying he was off to a pool party with drunk teens popping pills.

Scott nodded and sighed in relief when Sheila yelled that she found whatever she was looking for. The look in his father's eyes almost had Noah chuckling. When it came to Sheila or Rose Scott was a man in fear.

Noah made his way upstairs and into his room. His phone buzzed the entire time as the group chat was talking about the party and Damien offered to be the designated driver for everyone should we choose to drink. Most of the group chat said they were going to partake in drinking except Ivy who said she was busy the day following the party and couldn't deal with a hangover.

With everything settled Damien was to round up everyone for the party around 7:30 since it was "lame" to show up on time and Ivy would be driving herself and anyone else if Damien couldn't handle having four maybe five drunk idiots piled in his car.

Noah sent Monica a text message, letting her know his first week of school went well and how he misses her. She replied almost instantly saying she was happy no one gave him a hard time or she'd have to fly down personally to whoop someone. Noah laughed imagining Monica's tiny self trying to fight on his behalf. Some of the people who called themselves his friends didn't try keeping in contact with him which sucked but he knew it would happen eventually.

Noah decided to finish unpacking his belongings and tossed the empty boxes down in the garage before heading towards Adrian's room to help him with his room.

Adrian sat on his bed scrolling through some articles on the internet. Adrian looked like the male version of their mother, but instead of long curly hair Adrian had long wavy hair that curled at the ends that he refused to cut and big brown eyes that were almond shaped. Many used to mistake Adrian for a little girl but now it was obvious even with the long hair that he was a boy.

Adrian seemed focused on whatever he was reading that he hadn't realized Noah had even entered the room until Noah cleared his throat startling Adrian and making him quickly close his laptop.

Noah raised a brow at his brother's suspicious behavior. Adrian didn't meet his eyes which made the situation even more suspicious. Noah opened his mouth to say something when Adrian beat him to him.

"Noah, what's a seed and a carrier?" Adrian asked, now looking at his brother.

Noah furrowed his brow. He was going to ask Adrian what he was talking about when Adrian reopened his laptop to the article he was reading. The Forgotten People Called Seeds and Carriers, Noah skimmed over the article before turning to Adrian.

"How did you find this?" he asked. Adrian bit his lip and reached for his hair. He pulled a couple strands to the front and twirled the ends between his fingers.

"The kids in my class during lunch were talking about how there is a man in their neighborhood who was going to have a baby with his boyfriend." Adrian said.

Noah's brow lifted so high it probably got lost in his hairline somewhere.

There was a pregnant man?

Noah turned back to the article reading that more and more people were suddenly coming out as seeds and carriers and how parents need to teach their children what it means to be a seed or a carrier if they know there was a seed or carrier in their lineage at some point. The article then went on to give information about the history of these people and how there are probably millions of people who are seeds or carriers and have no idea.

The whole article was overwhelming to read and Noah didn't have a straight answer to give Adrian. Noah tried to find more information about seeds and carriers on the internet but there was barely any information except a couple articles on indie news sites like the one Adrian found. Noah did find a YouTube video of a girl claiming to be a seed but when he clicked on the link the video was unavailable worldwide.

"What made you want to look this up?" Noah asked, he believed what Adrian said about the pregnant man but he also knew Adrian probably had a different reason for looking up the information.

Adrian's face turned red. Noah noticed and got confused even more.

"I was just curious." Adrian stated. The tone of his voice let Noah know that he wasn't going to say anything more regarding the topic. Noah wanted to push to get more information out of him but he knew his brother was stubborn and wouldn't budge so Noah simply left, forgetting about helping Adrian finish setting up his room and thinking about the new information he discovered.