Chapter 5: Truth or Dare (Feb.)

Noah laid on the bed trying to sober up while Shade observed the room he chose for them, it was clearly an unused guest room seeing how barren it was and how the stupidly large window that overlooked the entire left side of the pool deck didn't even have curtains covering it. But it didn't matter since everyone below was preoccupied making out with each other or chugging drinks to notice.

The room was further down the hall since the rooms closest to the stairs sounded preoccupied by couples or groups of people. Shade didn't mind though. He only came to the party because his friend May forced him to drive her since she didn't have a car yet.

Finding Noah was a chance opportunity. After seeing all that was to see about the boring room Shade went and sat next to Noah's lying body.

Noah's phone vibrated and the smaller boy fished it out his pocket and texted back whoever it was that was contacting him. Shade watched slightly amused as Noah took an odd selfie of himself before tossing his phone aside with a heavy sigh.

Noah stared at the ceiling. His breathing was calm and he seemed more put together than earlier. Shade couldn't read Noah, something that puzzled him. He usually had an easy time reading people since many avoided him leaving him to people watch most of the time. But for some reason Noah seemed to be a complete mystery.

"What are you thinking about?" Shade asked, getting Noah's attention.

"Something my younger brother asked me..." Noah said quietly.

Being a bit nosey Shade decided to ask "What did he ask?"

"Let's play truth or dare." Noah said, suddenly sitting up.

"Let's not." Shade objected, making Noah pout.

"It will be fun," Noah said, removing his sandals so he could sit crossed legged on the bed. "Three truths and you remove a piece of clothing. If you skip a dare you remove clothing, if you skip two truths you remove clothing." Noah added.

That hardly seemed fair since Noah only had only a t-shirt and swimming trunks on while Shade had a leather jacket on, jeans and a shirt. And if undergarments counted he had an undershirt on and boxers. Noah would be nude in six turns if he chose only truth. Shade was going to reject it once more but decided it was better to just play along than be annoyed by the boy. Shade removed his boots and sat across from Noah in the same position.

"I'll go first since I suggested it." Noah said happy that he got Shade to cooperate. "Truth or dare?"

Shade thought for a second, "Truth."

"Why are you usually alone?" Noah asked.

"I like my me time." Shade sarcastically responded.

"That doesn't count, you have to tell the truth." Noah said.

Shade couldn't help my smirk at how childish Noah was acting, "Okay okay," he said, "Because I'm the resident "loner bad boy" of Westwood and people find me a bit scary."

Noah accepted the response because he knew that was probably the best he was going to get from Shade at the moment.

"Now you, truth or dare." Shade asked.

"Truth." Noah said.

Shade grinned now, "What were you thinking about earlier, the thing your younger brother asked."

"Skip." Noah said quickly.

"Well that's boring." Shade said, making Noah blush for being called out.

"Truth or Dare." Noah responded.

"Dare."

"Oh."

"Oh?"

"I didn't think you'd pick dare so soon..."