1: Own reasons

= "In those eyes, I found my home" =

.

❄ - ⭐ - ❄

.

Fast thumping sounds and hurried gasps echoed inside the misty and silent forest. Occasional shouts of pain and agony resounded whenever a trap was activated.

With gritted teeth, Tanjiro braced himself for the impact of the log that was about to hit his back. He knew that there was a trap, yet his body was very slow to react to what he was seeing.

The sound of the log hitting his back was heard the same time he released his pained cry. His body falling forwards, not being able to defy the gravity that was pulling him in.

"Aaccckkk!"

He grunted when his face met the ground, which was fortunately covered with a bunch of dried leaves that softened his impact.

Never wasting any more second, Tanjiro quickly got onto his feet and resumed his marathon down the mountain. His teacher had instructed him to reach the base before sunset or else there would be punishment for him. He was more afraid of his punishment actually, rather than descending the mountain with all it's traps present.

With his keen sense of smell, Tanjiro did his utmost to detect the traps scattered all over. The young man did a sharp turn as the fast approaching blades darted to his direction. He continued running, until his nose caught a whiff of an unfamiliar scent.

It was not something dangerous like a demon, but for him, it was a little strange. He knew he was coming closer to the source and he proved himself right when his eyes caught sight of a delicate figure casually strolling around.

His face immediately drained of its color. This is no place to be taking a casual stroll when there's a bunch of traps hidden all around. He speed up, hoping to reach the unknown girl before she could even activate any of the traps.

It was already too late for him to shout his warnings when he heard the familiar sound of a snapping thread that he had grown accustomed to. Five blades quickly came from both the left and right side of the girl.

"Watch out!"

He finally shouted, reaching out his hand, wanting to reach her just a second faster.

All his worries were proved to be nothing when his eyes watched the girl jump and evaded the blades swiftly. Tanjiro stopped on his tracks as he catch his breath. Before the unknown girl could even turn around, the young man had already pulled her to face him.

"Are you alright?!"

Voice laced with concern, his eyes searched her bright amethyst colored ones which were slightly opened wide due to the unexpected contact.

Tanjiro found himself unable to look away from those expressive and beautiful hues that looked like they can see even the deepest depth of his soul.

Even though the owner of the eyes were a stranger, he still couldn't help but feel drawn into looking at them. It was like he was magnetized, unable to tear his gaze away.

This is the first time he had ever see beautiful eyes like these, so it was truly a sight to behold.

There was a few seconds of stare down before the girl blinked and managed to reply with a short "I'm okay" which made him release a deep sigh of relief. Tanjiro stepped back and observed the delicate looking girl who is about the same age as him.