12: Heartfelt

= "One day, you suddenly became the reason why I breathe" =

.

❄ - ⭐ - ❄

.

"Cawwww!!! Hashibira Inosuke! Hoshino Mizuki! You two are ordered to come with the Wind and Water pillar on a mission!!!"

The crow yelled as it landed on the window of the training hall.

"Ha?"

Was the only word that Mizuki let out as she stared blankly at the black bird resting on the window. How come this bird only announced everything when Giyuu and Sanemi are already there? Her eyelids dropped into a straight line while looking at the crow who only turned away from her gaze.

"You heard it." Sanemi walked up to them, his hand landing roughly on the top of her head. "What are you still standing around for? Hurry up."

The dark haired girl blinked rapidly, making eye contact with Inosuke who released fumes through the nostrils of his boar mask. Looks like someone is getting excited for this mission. Inosuke happily skipped towards her direction.

"Come on! Let's get changed and start this mission already!" Getting all pumped up by himself, the boar head went out of the training hall.

Seeing him starting to prepare, Mizuki pushed Sanemi's hand away from her head before following the pretty boy, calling out his name, unaware of the red eyes that were watching her eversince the two pillars had arrived.

Tanjiro is feeling something weird in the pit of his stomach. He didn't know why, but he was thinking that it's best if Mizuki didn't go to this mission. But then again, he was not the one to decide on these kind of things, so the only thing he could do is to pray for their safety.

Going inside the bathroom, Mizuki stripped off her current clothing. Thankfully, Maeda hadn't insisted on making her wear something so revealing. By the time she made her way to the entrance of the Butterfly Estate, Shinobu and the rest of the gang are already there.

Talk about a large commotion. It's not like they're going to be away for a long time, right?

Zenitsu's eyes sparkled when he saw Mizuki walking towards them. As he thought, the skirt of her uniform suits her best. She looks so elegant in her demon hunter uniform. It was a secret, but it was him who requested to get her hakama pants changed into a skirt. Although it is a skirt, it didn't really reveal anything necessary as it reaches above her knees.

Mizuki never really reacted at the sudden change, seeing that Kanao also wears the same. As long as it wasn't too revealing, she never really had a problem with it. With a snort, the girl stood beside Giyuu who only looked at her small figure.

The fruits of Sanemi's training to her is very visible in front of his eyes.

"Well then, Shinobu-san. We'll be leaving."

Mizuki took the initiative to talk since she knew that neither of the three men going with her is going to do it. Sanemi isn't the kind of person to do that. Inosuke on the other hand is too excited to depart. While Giyuu... It looks like there's some sort of weird relationship between him and Shinobu. She already witnessed that during that night on the Natagumo mountain. Aside from that, the Water pillar is too quiet.