14: A friend to meet

= "You're just in front of me... but I feel that you're so far away" =

.

❄ - ⭐ - ❄

.

"NO!"

Mizuki yelled as she pressed her feet against Sanemi's face with an obvious irk mark on her head. Her reactions are obviously annoying the Wind pillar, who wanted to strangle the hell out of her.

The girl shrieked loudly when she felt Sanemi's ominous aura obviously seeping out of his form as he closed the distance between the two of them.

"Mizuki, you shithead!" He grumbled in an obvious annoyance, reaching out his hands to pull on her cheeks, which he successfully did since he was larger than her in terms of stature. It was very easy for him to do that.

"I told you I was hungry!"

The girl tried to reason out, still using all of her child strength to push his face away with her feet as she tried to keep her place on the tatami floor. Currently, the duo are having a wrestling on the floor which started when Mizuki suddenly ate the last of Sanemi's ohagi without even informing him.

Sanemi was really looking forward to eating his favorite food. And now that he had the chance to, Mizuki had to ate the last piece that he was saving for himself as well. And it was even the largest one of them all. So the Wind pillar was really annoyed.

And the result of the girl's little act was Sanemi's wrath.

"Mizuki, we're he---gahhh! What are you doing to Mizuki-chan?!"

Zenitsu, who arrived with Tanjiro and Inosuke, is very surprised to see the situation between the two demon hunters. His face became pale as he cupped his cheeks while shrieking.

The girl had started to pull on the wind breath user's white hair, while yelling her desperate battle cry. She wouldn't let herself be done in even if she's lacking in strength right now. Their fight because of a single ohagi is getting worst any second.

The Wind pillar is practically unstoppable.

Seeing the situation getting out of hand, Tanjiro nimbly moved inside the room and smoothly snatched the little girl from Sanemi's grasps.

"Please stop bullying Mizuki!"

He yelled, pulling her closer against him as he soothingly ran a hand on her small back. His interruption making the white haired man's eyebrow twitch. If there is any eyebrow, that is.

Mizuki felt herself relax after getting out of her dire situation with the help of her friend. Clinging to Tanjiro's clothes, the girl turned her head to Sanemi, sending a glare at his direction which he obviously returned without any second thoughts. Zenitsu could swear that he could see thunders clashing towards each other at their stare down.

"Calm yourself, dude!" She spoke, maintaining the same expression. "You ohagi maniac."

Her last sentence was a whisper but Sanemi had heard her, making him storm his way towards her once again. Zenitsu finally had the courage to try to stop the scary Wind pillar, but he only got smacked in the face when he got in the way.