11: Emotions

= "Just the sight of you is enough to make my heart pound" =

.

❄ - ⭐ - ❄

.

With a satisfied huff, Mizuki tightened the obi around her waist, making sure that it was secured. Aoi had let her borrow some clothes that can fit her. Good thing, they have some. After that, she went out to meet with Sanemi who was waiting for her. She was even surprised that he wasn't complaining for making him wait. Maybe he also had that gentlemanly side to him although it's only shown in rare times.

He was leaning his back against the wooden wall, arms crossed against his chest. His always fierce visage looked so calm and collected as his eyes were closed. For some reason, seeing a calm Sanemi is somehow weird for her. He was always frowning whenever she had seen him.

Sensing her presence, the Wind pillar opened one eye before throwing something to her. Easily catching it with a hand, Mizuki opened the long slim bag. And inside is a sword. How did this guy knew that she broke her weapon?

"Use that for the mean time." He said shortly, taking his back away from the wall.

Shrugging, Mizuki had attached the weapon in her waist. They were about to depart when Shinobu came in from the entrance of her estate.

"Oh. Shinazugawa-san, what are you doing in here?" She asked in a mild surprise, although there was still the hint of her usual cheery tone in it. Her eyes then noticed the dressed Mizuki. "Are you going to bring Mizuki-chan with you? In a mission?"

"Yeah. I'll be borrowing her for a moment."

"Well then, please be careful".

With a wave of her hand, Shinobu had seen them off to the gate of the Butterfly Estate. Mizuki made sure to give her a courteous bow before following behind Sanemi. Watching their retreating backs, the Insect pillar had giggled softly, covering her mouth with her hand.

"Why can't he just be honest and tell that he missed his little sister?" She mumbled to herself with a smile. During the previous pillar meeting, she had heard from Junichi the relationship between Mizuki and the two pillars. "I wonder how Tomioka-san would react to this. His role as the older brother is being stolen away. Hmmm... There's Tanjiro-kun too. But he is different." Shinobu continued to mumble to herself as she made her way inside the training hall.

Just as she expected, the three boys are having a hard time against Kanao. And to take note, a few days have already passed and still, no improvement was made. They needed to realize what they are lacking that Kanao already had. Shinobu's eyes glowed before she decided to leave the teenagers to themselves. Aoi and the rest of the girls are responsible enough to handle everything.

Tanjiro leaned his hands on his knees, trying to catch his breath. Sweat trickled his forehead, flowing to the entirety of his face down to his neck. His ruby eyes then glanced at his other three companions. Their situation no better than him. They still couldn't catch Kanao no matter what trick they pulled together. And slowly but surely, it was starting to frustrate Inosuke. While Zenitsu is slowly losing interest. As for Shizuka, her drive to catch Kanao is as strong as his, if not greater.

Wiping the sweat off his forehead, Tanjiro stood properly, watching at how the Insect pillar's tsuguko evaded Inosuke by jumping high enough, making him wipe the floor with himself. The day ended with another defeat for them.