Chapter Twenty~One

I pull Draven through the crowded streets of the village surrounding the magnificent castle my family resides in. Some of the people have recognized me but didn't approach though that's probably Dravens doing, even the tiny fairies fly right past us. I'm just hoping we can get in and get out, before Shea knows I'm here.

"Jezza?" Draven whispers, startling me out of my daze.

"We are close. We just have to hurry. I hope all the preparations for the fall festival will keep everyone busy," I say before tugging him along again.

"You mean you hope that Shea is busy," he says calling me out. I let my shoulders slump for a minute before fixing my posture and heading towards the glass like castle. The light casts onto the structure making it shine an array of different but wonderful colors. "It's just as beautiful as I remember though it seems different."

"After my uncle took role as king he made some changes. I'm surprised they brought you out here," I say.

"They didn't. I only made it to the gardens and inside the castle."

We fall silent as I weave us through the crowd. Soon it thins out as we pass over the clear bridge to the front castle courtyard. Pixie fairies, the smallest of our kind are buzzing in groups helping hang banners and get the festival ready as we pass underneath. Once the guards see me they instantly start to bow then straighten up as I pass.

"Should I tell the king you have arrived?" The guard by the door asks.

"I'll just be a minute, there's no reason to bother the busy king," I dismiss. He looks over at Draven with frown.

"Who might that be?" He asks.

"My guest, Draven Rex But as I said don't disturb the king," I answer then gesture to the door. Him and the other guard open the large doors letting us enter. I quickly maneuver us towards the royal gardens towards the private area where only royals are allowed. Hopefully this flower isn't hidden. We are searching the flower beds in the most hidden parts of the garden as quick as we can.

"Jezza!" Draven calls out. I turn towards him to see a small group of flowers that look to be pitch black with a shine to it. "When it is dark it turns light blue and see through."

"It's beautiful," I whisper leaning down to it. The smell is sweet and foreign but oddly familiar.

"This way?" I hear someone call out. I look over at Draven in a panic.

"They can know we picked it, it's hidden for a reason," I hiss out as I stand back up. Draven sits on a bench and pulls me into his lap.

"Then act like your simply showing me around," he suggests as the sound of guards get louder, "and tonight I'll sneak back in and grab one."

"There you are!" I hear the loud but soft voice call out. It's my aunts Aveya, Sheas mother, and Queen Yara.

Yara pure white hair falls in soft waves to her shoulders standing out against her tan skin. Her analyzing dark brown eyes are studying Draven and I. Beside her is my aunt Aveya, whose curled white hair falls to mid back and she too is tan compared to my father and uncle. She has the similar blue eyes as my uncle and King. Both ladies are wearing launder dresses that show off their figures nicely and are in blues and pinks disputes my own being green.

"Were you going to visit and not say hello?" Aveya asks. I bow my head to Yara before smiling.

"I was just picking up a few things from my room but decided a walk would be good for me," I reply.

"A private stroll with a rather handsome young man," Yara adds with what she thinks is a knowing grin.

"Considering you left without Turnick, I assume he doesn't approve," Aveya adds. Draven sets his chin on my shoulder.