Protective. -part 1

Elizabeth cooper.
Betty cooper.
Your stereotypical 'perfect girl next door'
Cheerleader
Straight A student
Editor for the school newspaper
Has great friends
Loves her boyfriend.
Wears pale colours

If only everyone knew the truth.

Betty cooper.
Mother makes her perfect.
Cousin is the head cheerleader
Studies hard
Boyfriend and best friends help her with it
Friends in a gang
Boyfriend the serpent king.
Mother makes her wear pale colours.

And other add ons:
Her mother controls her life.
Her father is a serial killer
Her mother is in a cult
Her father is the Ghoulie king
Her mother drinks
Her father is in prison
Her mother takes drugs
Her father rapes her
Her mother abuses her.

Yeah. Her parents aren't nice at all.

But the good things are better.
Her boyfriend
Her friends.
Her family (serpents)
The serpents adore her
Her boyfriend loves her more than his own life
Her friends are always there
Kevin, her best guy friend
Toni, her best girl friend
Cheryl, her favourite biological family member
Sweet pea, a perfect older brother
Fangs, an amazing listener
Josie, understands always
FP, more like a father than Hal ever was
Jughead, her home. Her boyfriend.

Yes. That's her life. The serpents. Jughead.

Betty's POV
Okay, so all my friends and boyfriend finished high school last year and I'm in my last year. They're concerned about me, being alone at school. And they should be. We all live together in thistle house after nana died, nana gave it to me and Cher. My dad's still in prison and my mom overdosed last week. So yeah. Woo hoo! Anyways, I close my locker door and a note falls out.

Why are you still here? You're a cooper which means you'll be a murderer, slut or druggie. No one wants that so you should go.

I'm used to it, don't cry don't cry don't cry. Okay. I'm not crying. I put the note in my bag. My phone rang.
"B! Emergency!" Toni says.
"What's up? What's the emergency?" I asked.
"Fangs asked Kev out and Cher asked me out. Help us! We don't know what to wear!" Toni sounded happy but nervous. I giggled over the phone. A paper aeroplane hit my back. I unfolded it carefully with one hand as my other hand was holding my phone.

Your giggle makes me sick. How can your 'friends' stand you? Ew crazy cooper. You're hideous.

I put it in my bag and continued to listen to T, but tears threatened to fall and I had to get out of school. Now. "On my way T, don't worry! Wait- where are you guys?" I asked.
"Oh. Sorry, we're in my and Kev's room," Toni said. We all shared rooms, Jose and Cheryl, me and juggie, Kevin and Toni, sweets and fangs. Jose and sweets were gonna room together as they're dating but fangs said he needed 'his brother' and Cheryl said she wanted 'her sister' so they didn't, Jose and sweets don't care and they spend their time watching glee together when sweets doesn't need to go to a supplier (motorbike parts, don't worry. Jug cleaned the serpents up. He's the best). I go to reception and sign myself out. Another aeroplane hit me.

And stay out of our school. You're a bad disease. Your friends and boyfriend will leave you soon enough crazy cooper.

I put the note in my bag to show to Cher, Kev and Toni later. They're the only one who know about it, and that I dig my nails into my skin. "Why are you going home Elizabeth?" The receptionist asked kindly.
"I feel a bit ill. I'll be fine if I have my family around me. See you miss," I waved and walked out of class. Damn. I forgot jug dropped me off this morning.
"Kev? Can you and T pick me up?" I asked.
"On our way B! Sit tight! We'll be there in approximately five minutes!" Kev said. He sounded happy and nervous.. like T.

I sat down on a bench, re-reading the notes. Where they true? Who wrote them? Poisonous thoughts filled my head. I shook my head. No. No. They won't leave me. I'm not a murderer. I'll never take drugs. I'll never join a cult. Jug says he loves my giggle. He says it's cute. "Hey B! Come on in!" Kev pulls up his truck. Toni moves to the side so I can sit next to her. "So? Anything been going on?" T asks.
"I got three more notes in the space of ten minutes," I said.
"Lemme see them!" T demanded. I gave them to her. I studied her facial expressions carefully, at the first one she growled, the second one she hissed and the last one she growled and hissed. "How. Dare. They. F*cking. Do. This. To. You," she says. Kevin looks at me.
'You okay?' He mouths. I shrug, not knowing how to answer. He frowns and parks in thistle house's driveway. Cher and Jose were playing croquet in the front garden. I got out. "Hey B! Wait- B? What are you doing out of school?" Cher frowned.
"Kev and T needed me, and it also happened again," I whispered the last part as Toni and Kev shut the doors and I jumped. "Sorry B," Kev apologised. I shrugged.
"We're talking later. Hey TT! Kev," she waved to the people behind me.
"Where's juggie, fangs and sweets?" I asked.
"Picking up supplies. Left ten minutes ago, shouldn't be back till dinner and it's 3:30 now, they should be an hour and a half at least, sorry B," Cheryl explained. I nodded.
"Okay. C'mon then T, Kev, we need to get you guys ready," I smirked.
"Oh. See you tonight TT. Meet me outside at 4:45 and Kev, Fangs said if he missed you that you should meet him outside at 4:45," Cher added, turning to Kev.
"We have an hour and 15 minutes to get ready! Betty let's go!" Toni and Kev exclaimed and dragged me inside our house.