Chapter 5

Chapter 5- Hard to believe

Grace's POV

I'm pregnant. That's what he said. Kyla told me that I might have been but I didn't want to believe her. I don't want to be a mother yet. I don't have a good life to support them or anything. Kyla said that I could live with her if I wanted to keep the baby. I agreed to live with her. As much as I don't want the baby I don't want to kill the baby even more. The pain I received before because of my ribs hurt. But the doctor said they should heal within another week. It's been a day since I found out and since my kiss with Emily. She ran and left me alone. Tears poured down my face and I cried myself to sleep.

(Week later)

The doctor said that my ribs were healed enough to walk so I was being released. Kyla sighed the papers and we left. Kyla left a message for Emily saying I was no longer in the hospital.

"How do you feel?" Kyla asks me as I rub my stomach.

"Fine I guess. I just can't believe this is happening. That I'm pregnant, that I'm now living in a house, and" I falter

"Even Emily." she says finishes. I stare at her wondering how she knew. "I saw the way you looked at her Grace. You like her. She helped you when you were alone. It's also understandable that you don't want to like a guy."

"Yeah true." We got to her house.

"I'm going to work so just don't answer anything. The door or phone unless it's me or Emily."

"Kay" She leaves me and I sit on the couch. A knock on the door sounds about twenty minutes later. I freeze.

"Kyla?" a familiar voice says. I relax and go to open the door. "Grace." Emily says. "I'm sorry thought Kyla was here."

"It's fine." I say trying not to show my hurt feelings.

"Do you want company?"

"Sure." She comes in. We watch movies. We saw The Incredibles, Bolt, and some Harry Potter movies.

"Grace." I continue to watch the tv. "About the kiss that day" Now she had my attention. I face her to see a worried expression. "I'm sorry. I was just so worried and I wanted to. I shouldn't have done it without your permission." she said this all in one breath. I stare at her for a moment and start to laugh. "Why are you laughing?" She looked like she was about to cry.

"If you don't remember the entire thing I kissed you back Em. I kissed you back. You shouldn't be worked up about this."

"I just don't think that I should've kissed you because of your past and I didn't want to confront you about how I feel."

"How do you feel?"

"You make me feel like I'm in heaven. Every time I think of you I get butterflies in my stomach. I love your smile, your laugh, your hair,your eyes. I like everything about you Grace and I really want you to be my girlfriend." I put her hands in mine.

"I like you to Em. You've helped me. You and Kyla. You guys have been nothing but kind and patient with me this entire time you've known me. I like how you smile and laugh. I like the way when you get worried you speak in another language. I like how your hair curls around your ear. I love the way your eyes glow. I do like you Em. If we can only take it slow then we can."

"Yes I promise." She leans in but stops. I close the distance between our lips. As my lips met hers the world exploded. Like nothing else mattered except the girl in front of me. I pulled back leaving her panting. Kyla opened the door as we tried to get back into a normal position.

"Hey Em! How are you?"

"Good Kyla. I'm gonna get going now. I told Grace that I would keep her company until you got here."

"Okay. See you tomorrow." Em leaves leaving me staring at the door. "Something happened." Kyla said as she sat on the couch. Sh placed her feet up on the table I front of us.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean something happened. Your in a brighter mood from when I left you here so tell me." She said. I told her about her coming over and asking if I wanted company. The movies we watched and the talk. And lastly the kiss.

"Your gonna have to tell her soon."

"I know." We watch movies until midnight and then we go to bed. I lay in the bed wondering how I would tell Em that I'm pregnant.