Chapter 11

Chapter 11

They were so beautiful. They were like little bundles of cuteness. They are just so much like her. Shay had her eyes and similar face structure. But Ryder had a pair of chestnut brown eyes and high cheekbones. He still had similar fade structure but not as much. He must look like the guy who raped Grace. I grimaced at the thought.

The nurse came over to me and asked me what my relation was to the kids. I said I could wait until Grace woke up to say. I wanted her to say what I was to them. I waited with the boys and she woke up about an hour later.

"Hey baby." She said groggily. "What happened?" Her hand went to her stomach as she sat up.

"Grace these are you boys." I passed her one and the nurse passed her the other. She smiled but then a look of fear crossed her face when she saw Ryder. She stuttered for a second but still carried him.

She handled them with great care and looked at them with so much love.

Something hit me. The scars, her memories, and the boys would serve as a reminder. Would she be strong enough for that?

The smile on her face as she cooed at the babies said she was. I could tell she wanted to keep the boys. They would be the light in her dark past. Something good that came out of something bad. Her love for them shone like a candle in the dark.

"I love you."

"I love you too."