Part 9

Me and Hercules parted because he went to the barracks, while I went in to the palace to be hired as a servant.

I looked at the king's castle and it was really big.

"Excuse me, miss. How may I help you" a palace guard approached me with a weird look

"Uhmm.... I heard that the king is lacking some servants so I wanted to be of some assistance" I said and tried to pull off the best British I could and it turns out I did.

"Sure madame, right this way" he gestured me in. Wow, that was easy

I looked around the castle as we went inside and I was right, it is really fancy in the inside.

"What's the meaning of this?" A British woman turned up to us and eyed me from top to bottom.

"Head mistress. This lady would like to work here as one of your servants" The place guard said and the woman's eye squinted by looking at me. I assume that he is the head of all maid here as what the guard called her.

"Very well. You go back to your station this instance" she ordered the guard and he slightly bowed before leaving. "And you. Come with me, there are so much things to do" she said in authority and led me to the kitchen.

"Bring this up to the king, the majesty must be awake by now" She said and I immediately took the pantry and carried it. The head mistress lead the way to the King's room and opened the door.

When it was wide opened, I saw King George III stretching from his bed and stood up. As he do so, the maids put on his robe and I must say, the King is quite handsome. He has brown hair and a mixture of blue and silver as his eye color and he has extremely flawless skin.

"What are you waiting for, maid? The food isn't gonna bring itself in here" I snapped back to reality when the King spoke in a very British way.

I went inside hastily and put the tray on a table.

"Huh, I've never seen you here before, you're new, aren't you?" He said and I slightly bowed at him even though I want to strangle him because of the war.

"Yes, your majesty" I replied still keeping the British accent.

"Care to say your name?" He said and that just hit me. I didn't think of a name yet.

"I...uhhm" sh*t! Say something you fool

"Spit it out" he ordered in a more firm tone than before

"My name is Luna Blood, your majesty" I said. Luna Blood? What kind of a name is that?

"Blood? I've never heard that before. Well there is so much things to do and wars to fight. It's a pleasure meeting you miss Luna" he said and stood and went to the bathroom. I sighed in relief because he didn't asked anymore questions.

The head mistress called me and told me to clean some places in the palace.

As night comes all of the maids went to their quarters and one was assigned to show me mine. Her name is Lean and she's been working for the king's all of her life. It a good thing that I already have a friend on my first day.

"And this will be yours, Luna" she said and showed me to a big oak door. The maid quarters are place underneath the castle before the prison and each maid has there own personal room it's not too big though.

I thanked Lean and went inside and took a rest.

A few weeks later.....

So far I didn't get anything that can be a strategy to the war. The king is always going to  a room but leaves us servants behind. So I write a letter to Hamilton that there is nothing I can get.

"Goodness me! Are you even cleaning?! There is still a smudge on the floor!" The headmistress exclaimed. If this mission isn't important I would've kill her by now. But sadly, I can't.

She's been ordering me ever since this morning, ever since I was still lying in my bed she started banging on my door and ordered me to cook. Not like the other mornings, today is much more worst. After that she wanted me to clean this, clean that, wipe this, throw that. I didn't think the maids' work is this stressful.

I went to the laundry and gave Lean the used linens.

"Lean may I ask you something? Is the head mistress really this..... bossy?" I said as I laid the basket that need to be laundered. She looked around and made sure that the cost is clear.

"Actually she's just like this because the King is too kind to you for the past weeks. You see Martha, she fancied the king very much" she whispered

Ooh that's why.... She is Jealous because the king is too kind to me.

"Martha! The King wishes to see you at the library " We were startled when the headmistress spoke behind us. We exchange stares and hoped that she just arrived. I exited the laundry room and as  I passed the headmistress, I can see her glaring at me. I went straight to the library and knocked, after hearing the King I let myself in.

"Please leave us" King George ordered the two maids beside him but not taking his eyes off the paper he is reading. The two maids obeyed and exited the library.

"You summoned me, your highness?" I said and slightly bowed at him

"Yes... Luna how come you are here in the palace working as a maid?" His answer confuses me

"Pardon, your majesty?" I said and tried every best to keep my British accent. Cold sweat ran down my forehead

"I mean.... you're flawless, you're beauty isn't like any other. So tell me..." He stood up and walked closer to me slowly and as he do so, I was backing away from him slowly until I can feel the wall on my back. He is an inch away from me. My breath began to go faster by the second he approach me. He put his hands on both sides of my head unto the wall to lock me on my position. He bent down a little to make me look at him. If he is handsome from afar, he is way more handsome up close.

"Why are you here?" He continued the sentence that he was in earlier. I look at the different direction as I feel my face heat up. He hold my chin to make me face him.

"Your blushing, dearie" he said with a husky voice and smirk charmingly. My God, this is torture!

"Are you a spy?" He said and that's the time that I went back to reality.

"Did Washington send you here? What did you tell them?" He said and I can feel that he knows something. I just kept quite and stared at him. His eyes are locked on mine and then he lowered his stare to my lips. But then I decided to speak

"Forgive me, sire, but I have no clue on to what you are saying. I am nothing but your humble servant, your highness" I said bowing my head slightly.

He distance a little and went back to his table.

"You may go" he ordered and I flee immediately.

I rushed to my room to breath but as I walk the hallway someone pulled me to a corner. I was going to shout but failed when he covered my mouth. I looked at him angrily and realized that it was Mulligan.

"What are you doing here?!" I whispered-shout at him

"Wow,  nice to see you too Martha" he replied and let out a small laugh. I just glared at him

"I see that you and the King are going on fabulously" he said and again I still glared at him. "What about Lafayette? What would he think" he teased

"Ok first of all I'm loyal and I will never replace Lafayette. Second, I think the king suspects that I'm a spy" I said and his face turned serious

"We've gotta move fast" he said and we agreed to meet at the camp by dawn. I returned to my room and he returned to the british barracks.