Part 1

7 years later

MARTHA's POV

"Please father let me come with you! I promise I won't do anything foolish, I promise I won't be a pain in the neck" I pleaded as father put on his general's uniform.

"As I said a million times, Martha. No! A battlefield isn't a place for women and young ladies like you" he replied.

I followed him downstairs and continued to plead. Mother held me back to stop me from my tracks

"Honey, please watch our child, make sure this trouble maker stays here, ok honey?" Father said to Mather and gave her a kiss

"Of course, dear, she won't be going anywhere" Mother replied and let out a small laugh

I ran upstairs and packed up some things that can be useful. I'm going and that's final!

I saw mother stitching some embroidery while sitting on the couch

"Bye mother, I'm going to Lucinda's. I'll be back before supper" I said as I went straight to the door

"Oh no you won't young lady. You will stay home as your father instructed"   She replied. Well that's my parents for you. I am even banned to go to my cousin's house today.

"Anni please accompany Martha to her room" Mother commanded and one of our maids is with me all the way up to my room entrance

"I'll be good from here, Anni, you can go back to the kitchen now" I ordered and she immediately obeyed

Time for plan B.

I rummage my bed and held the three pieces of clothe. The comforter, the 2nd comforter and the bed sheets. I also took the curtains from the window and tied them all to make a rope.

Good thing my window is facing the backyard. I look at the area for any personnel  or my mother. The coast is  clear. I climbed down and safely landed on the ground.

It's an advantage that I've allotted all my time in grand adventures like climbing trees and mountains, rowing through rivers and streams and sometimes I spend my time riding my horse through the woods with my cousin.

I'm serious about going to Lucinda. I know she will be pleased and happy to join the revolution.

I knock on their door and wait for someone to answer. I got here so quick because Lucinda's  house isn't too far from here.

The door opened and a lady not far from my age stood there with a messy hair, not so obvious eye bags and a lousy outfit.

"Wow. You look like shit, cousin" I greeted

"Same to you, Martha. What are you doing here in that..." Lucy eyed me from head to toe "in uncle's old military uniform?" She added

"I'm going to join the revolution, wanna come?" I said gleefully and wth those words she took a bag swiftly.

"Why didn't you said it the first place, besides I wanna escape this hell hole anyway" she ran to her room and grabbed some important things

Me and Lucinda are almost the same age, we only have a one year gap from each other, I'm the older one but sometimes she is much mature than I am. And by nature, I mean, she is the one who looks after me so that I won't get into fights and other troublesome things.