Part 13

Inhale..... exhale..... inhale.... exhale....

"Pardon madame, but I am with your son because I love him with all my heart and more than anything" when I said that she stood up and glared at me.

"Pathetic! I don't know any lady or any woman of a sort will, how you say? Aha yes, Love if it won't benefit her. So what you are trying to tell me is just another pathetic excuse!" She said with her thick French accent.

"You know what? Why will I even fight the war if I don't love your son?! Why did I ever comeback to him when the King of England himself promised me a more luxurious and more comfortable life?! Now... I ask you Madame... why do I choose your son over a promise which King George oath to me that I'll be queen of England if I stay with him?" I huffed and she stood there silent. Everyone in the room was silent.

"Now if you'll excuse me" I turned to Lafayette's father and slightly bowed as a respect. "It's an honor to meet you, Monsieur" I said and he nodded still in shock.

I stormed outside and went straight to the carriage with Lafayette following me. While in the middle of the trip both of us didn't say a word until....

"Cheri.... I'm so sorry about my mother" Lafayette said and hugged me

"It's ok, I'm sorry too because I somehow disrespected her. I should've just shut up" I said and leaned on his chest

"Non! Don't be hard in yourself. It's amazing how you stood up for yourself, mon amour. But let me ask you something......" he said and my heartbeat suddenly increased

"Did the King really promised you anything?" He said with a hint of sadness in his voice

"Yes, but I decline with his offer" I replied

"Why?"

"Seriously? You're asking me that question?"

"What about the mark?" He said with hurt and I know that he is referring to the mark that King George made. "They say that, all things that bears that mark is the King's property"

I look at him eye to eye and it seems like he's hurt, he divert his gaze to somewhere else and I hold his face and made it turn to me.

"Laf, you are the most annoying, most stubborn, and jealous guy I've met. I love you for who you are. It doesn't matter if your rich or penniless. I will love you either way. Remember? I am yours and you are mine alone?" I said and I pulled him with a warm kiss after a minute we broke the kiss and smiled to each other.

"Je'taime Martha" he said and kissed my forehead

"Je'taime Lafayette" I replied sweetly

"By the way... I'm meaning to give you this" he said and showed me necklace with a ruby heart pendant on it.

"Oh Lafayette.... you shouldn't have" I said and turned around so he could put it.

"I know it isn't big enough compared to the jewelries that the King--" I hushed him with a kiss and pulled back

"It's beautiful" I said and kissed him once again.

After half an hour we've arrive at Jefferson's place went to bed. Jefferson wasn't home because he was out to do some work, at least that's what the maid said.