one

My parents were arguing, about God knows what. So I decided to go and explore the neighborhood.
Since we moved from Canada about two weeks ago, we've only been unpacking. I have no idea what my school looks like, no friends, and again no idea what my neighborhood looks like.

My parents haven't even signed me up for school yet because they were busy. But I heard my mom on the phone saying that I start school on Monday.

Anyway, I got my skateboard and I rode away as fast as I could, you don't want to be near my parents when they fight.                                   After a while of riding around, a few blocks down was my new school. So I decided I could take a break in the parking lot or something.

I heard voices to my left, turning my head to get meet with two piercing blue eyes staring back at me

I heard voices to my left, turning my head to get meet with two piercing blue eyes staring back at me. I got so lost in them, I didn't realize till the last second the other two boys next to him yelling at me telling me to watch out. Turning my head forward, my skateboard collided with a small remote control car.

It hit my wheels and I was sent hurling forward. With that, I busted my lip, scraped a bit of my elbow, and scraped all up and down my leg. My lip was bleeding a bit but my leg was WAY worse. Dripping down my leg at the end a small puddle stands. I push myself up to a sitting position.

The boy with the blue eyes ran over to me. He crouches down next to me.

" Are you ok? I'm so sorry." The other two ran inside no longer to be seen.
" Ummmm, yeah it only hurts like hell," I say sarcastically.
"But do you have a Band-Aid."

"Yes we do, you need to come inside though," he says

I gave him a suspicious look.

" So my mom won't get suspicious, my brothers and I have a bad hospital reputation." He explains

We- well I limp and he helps me to the door. He opens it and there are clothes, toys, and trash all over. I step on a toy car. It moves forward with me along with it, as I almost fall the boy catches me before I land on my butt.

Once we make it to the bathroom I sit on the side of the tub. The boy goes to the medicine cabinet and pulls out some Band-Aids and a roll of gauze. He passes me the Band-Aids, while he puts a cold " ouch" burning medicine on my leg. "Sorry I probably should have given you a warning."
"That would have been nice," I say in pain

We sat in silence while I get patched up until the boy with blue eyes speaks up. "I'm really sorry again, about this.... My name is Malcolm by the way." Malcolm extends his hand for me to shake. I took it and with that without any sarcastic comments this time
" My name is Autumn," I say with a smile.

"And it's fine I wasn't looking where I was going. And thanks for helping me, hey do you go to North high?!"
I say a little too excitingly.

" Yeah I do, it sucks though, I'm in a crappy class for smart kids and get extra homework, my mom makes me do extra credit, and on top of all that I have to help my brothers, Reese and Dewy with their homework."

"Wow" is all I could say. But I'm still excited Malcolm is at my new school, but hey if you found out a cute, funny, smart, boy who doesn't live too far from where you live and goes to your school where you are going to spend most of your time..... 8 hours to be exact I'm sure you would be excited as I am. I looked through a door to their parents' room I'm guessing. It read 3:26 p.m.

" well it's almost 3:30 do you and your brothers want to hang out? I'm sure my parents wouldn't mind."

He shrugs " sure"

I could tell I found my first friend. And it was a boy. So he's my boyfriend, like a boy that's a friend so we're not dating.😅