Prologue

Hi, I'm Skye. I'm 16 years old and I've lived in Gaffney Chicago Medical Center since I was 5 for various reasons. At first, it was the ED then it was pediatrics then a short stay in psychology and then I was in the ICU so basically I know everyone and everyone knows me. All my biological family is gone I don't know if they are alive or not or who they are. They didn't leave me at the hospital as a bruised and severely injured 5-year old but thats all i know about them.No one knows if I was abused by my family or if someone else hurt me and my family couldn't afford to pay for the healthcare.

Because I've lived in the hospital most of my life. I have never made any friends my age but I have plenty of adult friends. Also, I have never gone to school properly but I do online classes and my main life goal is to be a firefighter just like my ... well, I don't know what he is. He is a father figure to me and a best friend as well. Mind you that's every male in the Chicago emergency services. The ED department staff are my family I'm like their daughter.

___________________________________________

A/N

Hiya, this is a Chicago med fanfic mainly but it may include Chicago PD and fire characters depending on where the story goes.

I am gonna write with each part being an age in Skye's life so the titles will all be'blank years old' and it will be from many Chicago med character's POV'S.