Ch. 2

I stared into his brown eyes, and I felt Amara open a purple eyes in curiosity. He was slender and lean but his body filled out his black shirt and trousers. His light brown hair was messy as if he had been running and moving quickly. Wasps of his hair fluttered over his eyes in the slight breeze. He was handsome but his eyes showed another side to his handsome looks. Behind the brown coloring of his irises were flames that flickered with caution and curiosity.

"Hello," the stranger spoke in a soothing baritone voice. He spoke with an accent that reminded me of the people I had saved last year. They were from the Kingdom's capital in the south.

I smiled, baring my teeth. "Hello, devil."

A brown eyebrow went up in surprise. and a smile came to his face. "You know what I am?"

I copied his expression with an eyebrow up and a smile. "It wasn't very hard."

And it wasn't thanks to my father who had supplied the magical bag with a library's worth of books. One of my favorite books was a book of our history and types of supernaturals. Thousands of years ago, our planet was called earth and the kingdoms were once a nation called the United States of America. Everything seemed to be progressing when the unexpected happened. Suddenly children were being born with mutated genes that gave these children gifts. They became the things that people had read in fantasy books. Fairies, shifters, vampires, angels, demons, and more. But among each group of supernaturals were people born with more powers than others. Among the angels were the Archangels. Among the shifters were the alphas, and among the demons were the devils. Devils like archangels and alphas were the minority but had the capacity and powers to rule others.

I let my smile fall and pressed the point of my knife deep enough to almost break the skin. "What's a devil doing in these woods?"

"First of all, my name is Victor," He smiled then blushed. "Secondly, I'm lost. I got separated from my family.."

I wanted to groan. Amara was nudging me to interact with him, yet I was frowning at the mention of more demons and devils in the forest. It didn't help that Amara was whispering about him being handsome and that his family might be too. Although I didn't trust the devil yet, Amara was saying that he was truthful.

I pulled back until there were several feet between us. He seemed surprised and sat up until he looked at me. Before he could ask questions, I spoke. "Why are you in the forest?"

He rubbed the back of his neck. "We were traveling the border between the forest and Arcadia due to reports of lycanthropes wreaking havoc on the towns nearby. We came across a town that had just been attacked and we decided to follow them into the forest. Suddenly we were attacked by a large group of lycanthropes and were forced apart. I was trying to find my brothers when I noticed you. I didn't mean to startle you."

"It's fine," I said as I sheathed my dagger. "I should have been paying more attention."

I stood up, turned away from him, and jumped. I heard his yelp of surprise and looked up from the branch I had jumped onto. His face appeared above me with shock and relief. "What are you doing?"

"I'm moving," I stated as I walked down the thick branch. A slight wobble told me that he had jumped down behind me.

"What are you going to do?" He sounded a bit breathless.

I looked over my shoulder. He looked very tense and avoided looking down at the ground below. I stopped and frowned. "Are you scared of heights?"

He blushed. "Kind of."

I huffed. I didn't have time for this. The large group of lycanthropes were moving and I needed to know why. A feeling that this man and his brothers were the cause of it rang through me, and I knew what I had to do. Although I didn't like how people reacted to me, I still saved those who came into this forest. "Do you have a weapon?"

He nodded. "Yes. It's in my space pocket."

Every supernatural has a space pocket. A space pocket is kind of like my bag without having to carry something materialistic, a space that can hold whatever you want except a person. The tricky thing about a space pocket is that everything that you put inside it has to have a name which can become hard if you have a lot of things.

"Get your weapon," I said as I called forth my weapons. Victor's eyes went wide as he scanned the dual swords in my hands. The hilts were black and designed with a mixture of purples, golds, and pinks. A thick pink ribbon hung from each, holding a gold medallion. The blades were silver with magical inscriptions written from the hilt all the way to the tip on each. I tilted the blades, watching the inscriptions light up first in pink then went through colors of white, gray, light blue, dark blue, orange, red, green, purple, and ending in black. I felt the tugging feeling that thrummed from them as the blade's magic and my magic merged.

He didn't question me and called his weapon. A saber appeared in his hand. The blade gleamed in the dull lighting and the hilt was white. Like mine, there were magical inscriptions etched from the hilt to the tip of his blade. Looking at me, Victor spoke. "What are we going to do?"

I smiled. "Saving your family."

Where you expecting Victor to be the first to meet her? What did you think of him being a devil? Also what do you think the guys are? I love to read comments and get your thoughts. Comment. Vote. Enjoy.