12.

I still remembered that day.

The same day that everything changed.

The same day I saw bloodshed in Wichita, Kansas. 

"Hey, mom!" I yelled out as I peered through the window of my room in our two-story home, brows furrowed as I frowned in confusion. "What is it, babe?" Maria called back from downstairs and I bit my lip, wondering if we should be scared. "Why is the sky orange?" I asked, getting no response. I stepped down from the window, seeing the swirls of orange grow into a vibrant shade of crimson, mimicking the color of blood.

All of a sudden, the ground started to shake erratically and I screamed, clutching onto the bars of my bed. I couldn't hear my mom or my dad, but there was no that I could move, gravity pulling me towards the wall. I heard nothing but the sound of whirring as my ears started to ring in pure agony. My screeches as blood began to pool in the center of my ears went unheard as something began to make itself heard.

"TROY!"

I heard my name being yelled through all of the pounding in my ears and I kept my eyes shut, hearing my mother scream. Mom? Why was she screaming? Why did she sound so scared? With a loud clang and hushed yelps, her screams dwindled down to nothing and all I could do was sit and listen, hoping that whatever I heard was something totally different. Deep down, I knew that it wasn't because her scream was never full of fear like it was and it didn't sound like the sloshing and cutting of skin.

Though I didn't see my mother and father die, I heard it all.

So it puzzles me that someone like Maddox wants to punish me for lashing out at him for everything that he had done. Sure, the humiliation wasn't even really humiliation because a guy like me felt no shame. He could do whatever it was that he wanted to me. He could punish me for every single law that I broke, 5,000 times even, but I would never waver. I smirked, thinking of everything that he had in store. It still wouldn't make me give into him because like it or not, he was going to pay for all of my pain and suffering. He would accommodate my hatred. 

Like it or not, he would never tame me. 

However, that would pose an issue because my dear beloved sister feels that I should obey this man and his every command. As if I would ever.

I still remembered Jade's words as she gave me a fierce glare after a long moment of crying. "Troy, whatever you do," She whispered and I rolled my eyes, ready for another lecture after many. "Do not do anything that would make your problem far worse," She stated and I raised a brow. "What do you mean by that, huh?" I retorted and she sighed, already tired of me. "Don't anger that powerful man. Do not test him. Do not deliberately break his own laws in front of him, Troy," I put my hand up in surrender, knowing that that rule was already broken.

"You have no idea how powerful he is. Knowing you, you don't care. This time, Troy, he came for you and no one else," Why did she have to remind me of that? "Don't do anything that would make your death come sooner," Jokes on her, I wanted to die. 

"I understand, Jade," I nodded, knowing full well that I was lying straight out of my ass. There was no way she could know that though. She would have an aneurysm if I told her what went down since I got here. No, she'd probably be extremely confused as to why a man like that got his kicks out of sexually torturing someone like me? What was odd was the fact that she acted as if she had an idea of what happened to me. She seemed calm, worried, but calm. She didn't ask me what they had done nor how I was doing.

She didn't ask a single question but she gave me warnings. She cried and shed a couple of tears because I was gone, but she didn't ask a god damn question about how I was being treated down here and it made me wonder why she was acting so different.