Chapter 22

(Third Person Point of View)

A couple days pass. Tom and Dalena still haven't spoken since the argument, and quite frankly, his mother agrees it's best they'd give each other some space to reflect the entire situation. Tom books a flight back to LA, deciding to finally meet up with Harrison at a nearby diner. After a long and restless reconcile between the two best friends, Harrison is called upon from Tom to hopefully shed some light on the circumstance.

"Hey." Tom waves at his best mate from the distance as he approaches the booth Harrison sits at.

"You've pretty much summed up what's happened through the phone." Harrison chuckles, looking at the menu.

"She's just...not getting it, you know? All that I've done for her." Tom sighs.

"You're both not getting each other, is the issue." Harrison concludes. "It's not rocket science mate. I'm pretty sure both sides of the story has some justice and sense to it but you guys just disagree is all. I'd pretty much yell at you the same thing she says, but you wouldn't obviously be in the mood for it."

"Well if you're looking forward to yelling at me, I'd be numb to it at this point." Tom stares blankly onto the menu. "

"Well, in Dalena's perception, she's got a point. I've got to admit that to you, mate." Harrison shrugs.

"Her point?" Tom raises his eyebrow.

Harrison slouches giving Tom an, 'are you serious?' look, "That you just can't fully love her. You're stubborn, arrogant, and somewhat immature."

"You are too." Tom hisses.

"This situation isn't about me, mate." Harrison fires back.

Tom slumps down on his seat, conceded.

"It's not the fame particularly. It's just...the way you deal with it. The way you let your choices be influenced by it." Harrison suspects.

"Haz," Tom puts the menu down and closes his eyes in frustration. "This whole arrogant thing you guys are talking about is seriously subjective! I think I handle my fame pretty damn well! I'm not arrogant Haz! I'm not immature! I'm not manipulative! I'm not a social climber!"

"And that's where you're in denial." Harrison points his index finger.

"Well think what you want then. You want to side with Dalena and think of me as the total bad guy, fine-"

"It's because you are." Harrison chuckles. "There's no such thing as, 'oh I'm somewhat the bad guy in the story, because I did my best anyway so therefore I'm still a good person.' It's either you are the good or bad, or you're right or wrong. Again, it's not rocket science."

"And who made YOU wisdom man of the year?" Tom scoffs.

"Myself." Harrison replies sarcastically.

"Well you've done some pretty shitty things Haz." Tom mumbles.

"Well I never hurt the girl I love so...I'm not exactly at the same page as you mate." Harrison, still looking at the menu. "Aaaaaand... I'm not in denial. I know for sure that I can be immature, ignorant, and abrasive when I need to be. At least I can accept the fact that I don't have to be the hero or Prince in everyone's eyes."

"I was hoping I wouldn't get a lecture from you today, Haz." Tom grunts.

"Then stop mentioning about the Dalena situation." Harrison rolls his eyes. "Just pick something from the bloody menu will ya."

"Waitress is coming." Tom notices.

"Zendaya's been reaching out to me." Harrison mentions under his breath as the waitress asks for their order.