Chapter 34

(Dalena's POV)

Once I arrive back in London, a severe thunder storm rampaged everywhere. I messaged Lyle a five paragraph explanation on why I was basically still madly in love with Tom and that it wouldn't be fair to give Lyle a chance knowing that my heart is occupied with someone else. It's been hours since I've messaged him, and he hasn't replied since. After checking my phone, the Uber driver comes at a sudden stop due to traffic ahead. Tom's house is a couple blocks from here, I'm sure I could just walk.

"I've got to go. Thanks anyway." I open the passenger door in a rush, take my luggage, rate and pay the driver, and scurry off to the flooded dark streets.

My luggage was not light, and the heavy rain didn't help either.

After finding the strength to run one more block, I see Paddy wearing a dark green raincoat, grabbing onto Tessa's leash. He opens the front door to go back inside the house.

"PAAAAAAAAAAAAD! PADDDY!!!!!!" I scream at him, waving my weakened arms.

"Dalena?" He rubs his eyes to get a clearer vision.

"PADDY! Is the door open?" I manage to lift my heavy luggage up to the front door and barge inside without Paddy and Tessa.

"Tom? TOM?!" I call out his name across the house.

"Dalena?" Mr. and Mrs. Holland say my name at the same time, peering their heads from the kitchen.

"You're soaking wet!" Mrs. Holland comments, slowly approaching me.

"Tom! Where's Tom?" I say with excitement.

"Dalena?" Sam and Harry come down the stairs, confused to see me back here.

"Aren't you supposed to be in France by now?" Sam asks.

"What's happened?" Harry expresses concern.

"I don't need to go to France." I shake my head at all of them.

"But you were supposed to meet that Lyle guy right?" Sam reminds me.

"Right." I nod. "But... then I saw the video."

"VIDEO?" Paddy walks in with Tessa.

"That's impossible." Sam nudges his head. "Harry, I thought your friend had taken that video down?"

"It takes a while in certain platforms I guess." Harry shrugs.

"Whatever, I saw the video, I need to see Tom." I plead, wondering what's taking so long for Tom to come downstairs. "Where is he? In his room?"

I begin to go up the stairs with my soaked hair dripping all over the steps.

"You came back...for him?" Harry blinks.

I turn around to him. "Yes."

"Like...officially? Coming back to him?" Harry smiles.

"Yes." I smile back.

"Meaning... you left that Lyle guy behind, yeah?" Harry double checks.

"She's going back to Tom, idiot!" Paddy rolls his eyes.

"Shut it." Harry snaps at his younger brother.

I turn my head back to the stairs and continue on walking up.

"Dalena..." I hear Mr. Holland.

I turn my head towards him, wondering why is everyone stalling?

"Tom's not here..." Mr. Holland breaks the news.

My heart sinks, my throat tightens. I grasp my fingers around the banisters and bite my bottom lip in frustration.