Chapter 31

(Dalena's POV)

"So I'm in my Pilates class, and out of nowhere I find out that my ex is my new bloody teacher! You have no idea how shocked I was!"

I hear Rosie exaggerating her story, as I stare off onto Rodger's left shoulder, while stirring my cup of coffee.

"And then he had the NERVE to come up to me and correct my positions! I mean who...does.... He think....." Rosie's voice suddenly falls muffled..

I bite my bottom lip, looking back at the way I laid on Tom's chest this morning and how we casually got up together as if it was just our normal ways. His hair was messy, but it still made him look so damn good. His teeth were still perfectly white, and his arms were veiny than usual.

"You had a panic attack last night. You okay?" He asks, taking his shirt off and putting on a new one, as I find myself creepily staring at his six pack.

"Fine...great." I gulp.

"Good." He smirks. "I wanted to tuck you back into your bed but you refused to go back to it. So I just let you sleep on mine...I hope that's okay-"

"It was nice..." I feel my face turning red. "Thank you."

"We're still friends, right? This isn't weird to you?"

"Weird? No, not at all." I shake my head, trying to restrain myself from being attracted to him at this moment.

"Cool." He nods, and heads out the door. "My parents are off to work. I'll make you breakfast, yeah?"

"Oh no it's alright, I'm meeting with Rosie, Rodger, and Joy for breakfast.." I frown.

"No worries." He winks.

"Dalena?"

I snap out of it, blinking continuously, giving Rosie my full attention. "Yes?"

"What do you think?" She asks, biting down her croissant.

"Think of what?" My fingers begin to fidget.

She furrows her eyebrows. "Of Louis? My ex? The way he comments on my Pilates positions?"

"Oh, I think he's right." I nod, trying to sound convincing.

"She wasn't bloody listening." Rodger rolls his eyes and puts me on the spotlight.

"I was!" I lie.

"You've got something on your mind you like to tell us?" Rosie's tone expresses annoyance.

"N-nothing." I sip on my coffee.

"Why are you turning red?" Joy points out the obvious.

"I'm not!"

"You are!" They all say at once.

"What could possibly be more important than the fact that my ex is my Pilates teacher?" Rosie, oh same old Rosie, always the attention seeker.

"Something happened between you and Tom last night?" Rodger raises a seductive eyebrow.

"I just...I just woke up next to him, that's all." I sip on my coffee once more.

"AGAIN?" Joy gasps.

"Again? What you mean again?" Rosie furrows her eyebrows. "Am I missing something here?"