Cito

Known for their wisdom focused intelligence, the Cito species are characterized by their short humanoid bodies; small, bald, rat-like heads; disproportionately long, thin fingers; and long thin yellowish bones that protrude from their brow line over the ears and past the back of the head.

The thin bone protrusions from their heads is possibly the most interesting Cito feature. The antenna-like structures called 'foilum' are actually reproductive organs.

Sexual reproduction for a Cito is equally complicated and fascinating. There is a distinction between the male and female gender in the Cito species, but it is not determined by which carries egg. Both sexes have the ability to impregnate and to become pregnant. But, one of each gender is still necessary for reproduction.

The reproduction system only works with the use of water. When Cito bathes in a pool of water, specifically submerging its head, it's foilum releases seed into the water, where it can reside for several years. If a Cito of the opposite gender bathes in the same pool of water, also submerging its head, it has a chance to become impregnated from the first Cito, and it also releases its seed into the water, increasing the chances of another bathing Cito to become impregnated.

This is important to know because of the social implications. For example, inviting a Cito to a pool party would be the equivalent of asking it to reproduce with you and every other being that has been in the pool before it. Which presumably is more than likely not what you had intended when asking the question.

In order to prevent unplanned pregnancy, bathing is far from commonplace and many of the Cito species smell horrible as a result. When visiting the Cito homeworld 'Jukreue', tourists are discouraged from swimming and or bathing for obvious reasons.

In many well documented records, there has been proof that many (but not all) of the Cito species possess the ability of telekinesis. Many studies have been done to understand where this ability originates in the Cito brain, and new studies have shown that during telekinetic episodes, there is a stronger reaction from the being's armpit region than to its brain. More studies need to be made.