Red... The colour of rust...

"Yay!"

Courage cried happily when he saw the truck of his previous owner. Only to have the happy smile ripped from him when he realized the old man was no where to be seen. it was just him and the dog hating feline who had now been dragging him by the cerulean leash.

"He's not here. I took the truck since it was at a junk yard."

Katz cooly replied in his usual thick and stone cold tone. Like nothing mattered to him at all and like he had no care in the world was how courage saw the feline. Soon however he would be proven wrong. If Katz was indeed the heartless creature he was made out to be,why would he have gone through the trouble of adopting courage? if he just left him there courage would be put on death row for dogs. Or did he want to end courage by his own two hands? what ever the reason was it made the poor pink dog shiver in fear as he was walked closer and closer to the old vehicle.

"Nooooooo~!"

Courage wailed out,tugging at katz's hand. He didn't want to go with the easily angered cat and he sure as hell didn't want to die. squirming like a cat in the rain, he faught his way out of the other's grip and made a mad dash to freedom.

well. he tried at least.

As soon as he had started running he found himself short of breath and dizzy. wheezing he felt a shocking pain in his chest as he fell to the dirt below. he tried to call for help but all that came forth was a strangled scream as his mouth filled with foam and tears stained his fur. for only a moment he was happy Muriel wasn't with him. he couldn't bare for her to see him like this...

"Oh my..."

Katz watched the poor dog before the now still creature passed out. it seemed poor courage was sick.

"I better get a discount for this"

Katz could only groan as he picked up the limp dog and placed him in the old truck. starting it up and driving as fast as he could to the nearest animal hospital.

"You better live stupid mutt. ill have my hind handed to me if you don't."

But bitter words fell on deaf ears as courage dreamed of happier times. times that no longer existed.