Chapter 2

I slowly open my eyes and sit up on the bed. I pull out my phone and see that is 7:00 am. I stand up and see that Louis is still sleeping. "Come on wake up" I say as I lightly shake him. "Why?" He mumbles. "Because, we need to start early if we want to find a job!" I told him. "Fine" He said. He sat up in his bed and put his hands over his face. "How did you sleep" he asks. "For a horrible motel bed, not that bad" I was speaking the truth. He stands up and grabs his backpack. "Let's go, I know a great place to start" he says. I nod and we walk out the door. We walk past the creepy lady at the desk and I see that the man I saw yesterday is still there in the same position. I stopped walking and said "I think he needs an ambulance". "He's fine, now leave" the lady spat. "Didn't have to tell me twice" Louis whispered in my ear. I laughed. As we walked on the side walk, I saw to homeless girls that looked about 9 years old on the street. They had a cup with two pennies in it. I looked at Louis with a half smile. "Here, y'all need it more than we do" I said as I gave them 10 dollars. "Thanks so much", one of them said. I was saving that for some food but it's fine. "Your so kind" Louis remarked. I smirked, "I try". We walk past tall-ish buildings and shiny billboards. We are now in the brighter and richer side of Town. The houses are big and pretty with marble columns. We walk past a park with kids in it. They all stop what their doing and look at us weird. We hurry past them. "They're probably not used to seeing random people walk though their neighborhood" Louis said half jokingly. We suddenly get to a part of town where there are many shops. Suddenly Louis stops and puts his hands on my shoulders. "Hey, wanna go have some fun?" He asks playfully. I smirk, but I think about the consequences first. "What if we get caught?" I say. "Don't worry, we won't" he reassures. "Oh,... what the heck, Let's have some fun!!" I halfway yell. Louis Laughs and starts to run away from me. "Catch me if you can!!" He says. "Oh your on" I yell back. I start running and I find myself in a park with a ton of trees. I see him running so I run faster. I had almost caught him when suddenly he sped up. "Hey!! Your using you super speed powers!!!!" I said. Luckily and oddly, almost no one was outside today. That's why I didn't worry to much when I accidentally revealed Louis' powers. "I never said there were rules, did I?" He said jokingly. I starting laughing while running. I run past a few houses that are kind of worn down. I then suddenly chased him into an alley. "I've got you now!!". He suddenly disappeared in thin air. I had stopped running and was catching my breath. "Where did he go??" I said under my breath. "I'm right here!!" Louis yelled in my ear as he appeared behind me. "Ahhh!! You scared me!!" I said playfully. "Welp I guess you couldn't catch me after all" he mocked. "Oh really??" I then used my powers to make him float in mid air. "Put me down!!" He yelled. "Not until u say that I'm the greatest" I stated. "Fine, your the greatest" Louis said. I slowly lowered him back to the ground. "I kinda forgot you had two powers" I said. It's true, Louis rarely uses his powers. "Well, maybe I should use them more" he said. "Yeah, but be careful" I remarked. Louis smiles and nodded. I looked around to notice that we were still in the abandoned alley. It had trash bags laying on the ground and graphic graffiti on the walls. "I wonder why no one is outside today" I say as me and Louis start walking out of the alley. "Yeah, it is a little odd, maybe were at a unpopular part of town." Louis suggests. We walk further down a cracked street. We pass by torn up cars and burnt houses. It smells of ashes and there is light smoke in the air. Louis and me both cough simultaneously. "Jeez, it looks like this place had been set on fire" Louis stuttered in between coughs. "Yeah" I reply. We keep walking until Louis stops and grabs my hand. "Look" he gestured to in front of us. There is a girl with red hair and brown eyes. "Louis, Summer!!! It's you!!!" She yells. "Victoria?!!" We both y'all in shock.
———————————————————
Meanwhile.....
"Have you even tried to find them again??"
"N-No sir, we had some problems with another girl runaway"
"Well did you at least catch her??"
"N-no sir, she had powers as well, we tried to-"
"I DON'T CARE IF THEY HAVE POWERS OR NOT!!! FIND THEM OR I WILL KILL YOU!!!!