Chapter 12

A/N: Please read Chapter 4 and my bio book if your confused about the characters! Thanks :)

Me, Casey, and Louis ran through the all too familiar hallways. I noticed that nothing had changed since we escaped. We reached two double doors that were the entrance into the Cafeteria, where we used to eat. There were two heavily armed military guards in front of the doors. I had never seen them before. "Move out the way!" Casey demanded. "No, we've been ordered to stay put!" One of the guards said back. "Yeah, boss also told us to shoot any kids who try to get in!" The other one said as he held up his gun. We couldn't do anything. We were all still weakened from the PAFI, the only thing that can kill us. I didn't know what to do, I wanted to pass out. "Don't waste you're bullets" Casey piped up. "Why not?" The guard with his gun out asked. "Because, it won't kill us" She said. "Impossible!" He said.  Before she could explain, we heard "Fire in the hole!!!". Suddenly a large fireball was thrown in between me and Casey. It barley missed my arm. The fire ball set the guards and the wooden door on fire. The guards started to run around frantically. The eventually ran away from the door. The door was almost burnt to a crisp when I looked up to see Victoria, Alex , and Liam standing in the hallway. First of all, Victoria's hair was like, all the way red. I'd never seen it like that before. But Alex, he looked so different from 2 years ago. His hair was in a man bun, he wore a blue shirt and tattered black jeans. He looked way older. "Alex!" Me and Louis exclaimed as we went to hug him. (Reminder: Alex got "shot" when he escaped with Victoria. Everyone thought he died. See chapter 4 for more details about him. Also check out my bio book)
"Hey! I missed you guys!" He said. Victoria looked tired and worn out, but I could tell she was happy that Alex was alive. I could tell that Liam was happy too. "Hey Alex! But come on guys!! We have no time!" Casey said. She was right. We all ran into the Cafeteria. We then saw Aiden and Christina climbing up a ladder to get into the shaft above the Cafeteria. There is a space for storage up there that is never used. "Wait up!!" Alex yelled. Christina looked down and smiled. "Oh my god, you all are here!" She said in shock. "Hurry up and get up here! Aiden's already in the shaft!" She yelled. We didn't have another plan, so we decided to do what she said. I climbed up the rusty old ladder into a spacious room that was kind of cold. It had aluminum floors and walls and all the air vents emptied out into it. Otherwise, it was empty. As soon as Liam came up the ladder, Victoria locked the shaft door. "Wow, look at us! Back together again!" Louis said sounding as cliche as ever. "I've-missed y-you all" Aiden said, he sounded like he was on the verge of tears. (Another reminder: Aiden has super strength and Christina has agility powers. See chapter 4 or bio book) "we've all missed each other" I said. "Did you all get the news that we were-" Casey said but Christina and Aiden cut her off. "I think we all know" they said. A sudden chill came through the room. "Anyway....what's our plan?!" Victoria asked. She was sitting very closely next to Alex. They were holding hands. "I really don't know" I said. "Hey how about we just escape again?" Christina said In a sassy tone. "If we escape, what's gonna stop them from coming after us again! We can't just keep running!" Liam blurted out. He usually never spoke his mind. "He's right, we can't live our lives running away." Aiden agreed. "We need to make sure they never bother us again!" Victoria said. "But how do we do that?" Louis questioned. I was busy thinking of what we could do until Louis grabbed my hand. "Let's make them listen!" He said. "Umm....elaborate?" Christina said. I didn't know what he was getting at. "Look, just giving a speech isn't going to make them listen" Casey said.  "Look, we should just talk to him, and settle this once and for all." Louis said.. "All or nothing, like a mini war!" Casey said excitingly. "Only if it comes to that!" Victoria said. "Yeah! I think that'll work" Liam said. I was actually for the plan. I think that it was a good idea. "I'm in, just please, let's be careful" I said. "Sure mom!" Aiden said sarcastically. Everyone lightly laughed. It seemed like everyone agreed with the plan. I took out my phone, which was surprisingly still in my pocket. I called Dr Calico directly. Of course he didn't pick up, but I left a voice mail. "Meet us in the gym, we have much to discuss" I said. There was silence for a few minutes, until Alex broke it. "I thought I died...I can't believe I'm still here. Also Victoria, I'm sorry that I wasn't strong enough" he said his voice cracking. This made me feel sorry for him. "Alex, you were super strong! And it's okay don't feel sorry!" She said as she grabbed his arm. "You know, I tried to escape 3 times, but I couldn't. I hated myself for it. And I promised myself, if I ever saw you again, I'd do this" he said. Suddenly he pushed Victoria's hair back and kissed her. Everyone around them smiled. The kiss was a short one. "Lovebirds!!" Louis said excitingly. "Wow...I uh....holy heck" Victoria stuttered with a smile on her face. "Too cute!" I commented. Me and Louis looked at each other and smiled. "Uh oh! Let me get out of here before Summer and Louis start kissing!" Casey joked. I felt my face get hot. "Umm what? I...uh" I stuttered. Louis' hand tensed in mine. "Uh...We...Umm" Louis was then cut off by a loud banging noise below us. "I know your in here!" A voice said. It was Dr calico.