Chapter 6

I woke up on a bed that made me itch. Louis was sitting on the bed looking worryingly at me. I sat up in the bed and noticed that we were in another nasty motel room. Victoria was in the other bed diagonal from mine. "Oh thank goodness your awake" Louis said before instantly hugging me. "I-I thought I'd lost you....and Victoria" he stammered out. I patted him on the back "it's ok, I'm still here" I reassured. I don't remember much of what happened but i do remember one thing. I reached down to my leg and felt where I thought I got shot. There was no gunshot wound. "Wait...how?" "I don't know, same thing for Victoria" he said. This is impossible, I got shot!! I should be dead but...I'm not, and the wound is gone. I was thinking about so many things at once, I nearly passed out again. "Hey, it's ok" Louis comforted. I guess he saw me about to faint.  "I can't believe they would do that in public" I said. "I don't know, but it's all over the news" He pulled out his phone and went to a news website. I read the head line "US Milltary shoots two girls for no reason" There was a picture of the guards with their guns, but luckily there wasn't a picture of us. I looked over to the bed next to me, Victoria was waking up. "W-what happened? She stammered out. "You got shot, by the military. So did I, but don't freak out...the wound isn't there" I briefly explained to her. She sat up in her bed looking panic. "How?" She asked "We don't know" I told her. "This is absolutely crazy!!" She yelled. "Shh, it's 6:00 in the morning" Louis shushed her.  "What do we do now?" She asked. "Well, there's a search party going on for us, but they don't know what we look like." Louis mentioned. Suddenly, I thought back to all the times I'd been experimented on, hurt, and almost killed. I couldn't take it anymore. I've been running all over the place for 2 years. This is not the freedom I imagined when I escaped from the lab. I stood up and wobbled a little bit. "I can't take this anymore!! Hiding, then running away!! It's time for us to do something about this!!" I stated. "Woah what are you saying??" Louis asked. "I'm saying we find our old friends, stage a big event, and show the world what we've been through!!" I quietly yelled. "Wait, how would we even do that??" Victoria asked surprised. "I don't know, but we have to!!!" I said. "I-I agree" Louis said nervously. "Me too!!" Victoria stated as she stood up. I stood on the bed. "Telekinesis!!!!" I said as I put my fist in the air. "Fire!!" Victoria said as she stood up on the other bed, with her fist up we both looked at Louis. He smiled and stood with me on the bed that I was on. He put his hand on my shoulder and raised his fist. "Invisibility, and Super speed!!!" He said. We all laughed so hard that I almost choked on my own spit. "Let's do this" I said is I got down from the bed and grabbed my things. We left the motel room and walked down the hallway. We walked into the lobby where we saw a middle aged lady at the counter, smoking. We found out that it was raining outside. "How much money do we have?" I asked. We all checked our pockets and bags. I pulled out 3 quarters. Louis pulled out 1 dollar, that was probably change from the convenience store. Victoria pulled out 4 quarters. "Okay so we have $2.75, not enough to get a lift or an Uber" I said disappointingly. Suddenly I had an idea. "Y'all were gonna do something really bad and illegal but it's for serious reasons" I whispered to them. They both nodded. Me and Louis has done many illegal things just to survive. I walked over to the lady at the counter. Her name tag said "Gilda". She looked up at me in disgust and blowed cigarette smoke in my face. "What do you want?" She sneered. "Could you please lend me 30 dollars, I'm oh so homeless and I desperately need it" I said in my best innocent voice. She rolled her eyes, and coughed. "Listen kid, this isn't the Salvation Army, you're not getting any money" she snarled. "But...please, I need it!" I sad politely. "Scram" she said. I used my powers to snatch the cigarette out of her hand. I didn't care if there were cameras in the motel. "H-how the heck did you do that?" She was totally shocked. "Like I said, I really need the money!!" I said in my regular voice. "Ah, nice trick, but your still not getting my money". I suddenly signaled Louis to come over by my side. "Now what do you want?" She said. I was getting tired of Gilda. "Look over there!!" I screamed. She looked in the opposite direction where Victoria was pretending to choke. "I don't get paid enough for this" she went over to help Victoria. Louis turned invisible and I opened the cash register. We stole only as much as we needed. Louis walked back over to me and signaled Victoria to stop "pretend choking". Victoria stopped and said "oh, I'm ok now". We then called an Uber and got in their car. "Where ya going?" The man with a gruff voice asked. We hadn't thought about that. Then suddenly Victoria spoke up. "Could you drive us all the way to Vegas?" "Woah, kids going to Vegas?, you better be paying me big money to go there!" He said. "We will, now drive" Victoria said. The man started driving in the rain. "Why Vegas?" I whispered to her. "Before Alex died, he told me that the others were headed to Las Vegas"