Chapter 7

A/N I put a song in this chapter!!! I doesn't really relate to this chapter but I love this song. The songs in the future will relate to the chapter!!

Okay, how are we going to get to Vegas?!! We only have 70$ to pay him, and then if we have any money left, we won't have money for food!!" Louis whispered/yelled into my ear. Victoria heard him as well. "I don't know what to do after this, but there is a 4 hour drive to there, and we'll pay the man whatever he wants." Victoria whispered back. "Ok, let's just relax until we get there" I said attempting to calm Louis down. He nodded and sat back in the seat. I saw Victoria slowly drifting off to sleep, and Louis was as well. One of us had to stay awake to keep watch, I guess it was my turn. I was by the window so I decided to look out the window. I hadn't been in a lot of cars in my life, since me and Louis walked everywhere. We were on the highway and there was light traffic. I was really bored so I started counting how many red cars I saw. 1...2...3...4, I've never been this bored before. Some random things went through my mind. I wondered what would happened if we exposed our powers? Would we get killed? Probably. I wouldn't be able to live with myself if anything happened to Louis...and Victoria and the others. But, it's worth it if it means we won't have to hide anymore? Right? No. Maybe? The driver broke me out of my trance. "Hey kid, why are y'all going to Vegas, got parents there?" I had to think fast. "Uh yep...parents...yeah their in V-Vegas" I stammered out hoping it sounded believable. "Alright then, by the way, this is gonna cost you $300, this is a 4 hour drive missy" the driver said. How in the world were we supposed to pay that?!!! "Okay" was all I said. I started to get nervous, we could go to jail for not paying! I shook Louis and woke him up. "I've got bad news" I said. "W-What is it?" He replied groggily. I whispered in his ear "We have to pay him $300 for this trip" That woke him up. He had a face full of worry. "$300? How are we going to do that?" He asked. "I don't know, but we'll figure it out" I said. "Yeah your right" he said. Suddenly the car stopped. We're were on the highway and the police were blocking a big area. "Oh come on!!" The driver yelled. A bunch of people were mad and honking their horns. Victoria woke up, probably because of the honking horns. "What's going on" she asked groggily. "I don't know" I said as I looked out the window. I saw that the highway was on a bridge over a big lake. "I just want to get to Vegas!" Victoria said longingly. "I know, we will" Louis reassured. We sat there for about an hour and traffic didn't move at all. I wondered what had happened. A lot of people were getting out of their cars to see what was going on, I thought we should do the same. "Wanna go check it out?" Victoria asked, like she read my mind. All of us agreed to go see what the hold up was. The Uber driver got out of the car as well. He was a middle aged man with a brown beard and hamburger grease stains on his shirt. He didn't seem to care that we were going to investigate too. We walked past some cars and arrived at the scene. There were about 15 police officers all in a line. Other police officers were telling people to get back and stay behind the barricades. They had their guns up and ready to shoot.  But they weren't pointed at us, they were pointed at two kids, our age. I couldn't believe my eyes. It was Casey, and Liam, held at gun point.

A/N here's a little refresher: Liam is from the lab, he has water powers and he and Casey escaped together. Casey has earth and air powers, she has doubled powers just like Louis.