Chapter 5

Present day
"Yep, I remember it clear as day" I said. Victoria looked as if she was almost in tears. "We ran away, I thought I'd never see you again" Louis told Victoria. It was true. We didn't even know where the others were, they could be dead. "I ran with Alex...until some police tried to stop us, h-he.." Victoria mumbled. "He grabbed me and flew into the sky,...then they...shot him down" Victoria said. "I fell, and ran as fast as I could away from them" I was shocked. Alex died, trying to protect Victoria. Me and Louis hugged Victoria, but only for a second Because she was burning hot. "They shot him!!!" She yelled. You could see flames in her eyes, her hair was turning more red. "I know Victoria, it's ok, he did it for you" Louis said in a attempt to calm her down. "Hey, it's alright" I told her. "No!! Everything is not alright!! I-I Liked him, a lot, AND THEY TOOK HIM FROM ME!!!" She yelled. Before I could think, al of our food and the ground was on fire. "Oh jeez, I'm so sorry!!" Victoria said in tears. I used some water bottles to put the fire out. All the people that were across the street and coming out of the convenience store, stared at us. "What are you looking at?" Was the last thing I said before we took off running. We found another trashed alley and stopped there. "I'm so sorry" Victoria said crying. "I just...can't control it". I went over and hugged her, this time she was at a regular temp. Louis hugged her as well. "It's ok, you'll get it" I assured her. "I've got one question" Victoria said. "Fire away, no pun intended" Louis said. We all started laughing. "Would you guys ever date each other?" I was shocked by her question. I mean, I never thought about Louis that way. Or have I? I looked at Louis and he had a surprised and nervous look on his face. "Umm, I uhh, that's a nice question. Umm I don't know, I'm not saying I wouldn't, IUh..." Louis stammered nervously. Victoria giggled. "I mean um....I-I Uh, any other questions" I said blushing a little bit. Victoria giggled louder. "I'll leave you two alone, for now" She said Mischievously. I rolled my eyes. "I think we should find somewhere to sleep, the sun is setting" I suggested. "Yeah, lets go north" Louis said. We walked out of the alley and saw that the buildings we slowly getting taller. We were entering a city called "Lennox" . I was kinda uncomfortable being in a city because it would be harder to hide out powers but I would be fine. There were tall buildings with beautiful glass windows. All the lights in the city were just now turning on because the sun was setting. We were walking down a busy street with mostly adults going home from work. I bumped in to a couple of people and heard them mutter "Watch it". "Wow, this place is crazy" Victoria said. Suddenly the crowd of people split in half, leaving us in the middle. I was confused until I saw six military guards marching towards us. They had guns in their hands. "Don't move" they said to us. I wasn't scared, I've done this at least 30 times. "Are you really gonna do this with all these people here" I asked. They people were shocked, and watching with their mouths. "Now you leave or I'll tell them everything" I said. The guards didn't move. Some people were recording with their phones. "Go ahead, tell them" The gauzes said in a sly tone. I was shocked, they wanted me to reveal that I had powers. I didn't know what to do. The suddenly Louis grabbed me and Victoria's hands and turned invisible. We ran through the crowd. Before we ran I could hear one of the guards talk into his Walkie talkie and said "We've got a Code orange". Louis ran through the crowd so fast, almost a little too fast. But he remembered that he had to keep his powers hidden. I could her men and women screaming and yelling. Then, lucky me, I tripped over a speed bump in the road. Then that made Victoria slip. I got back up and helped Victoria when suddenly she screamed in pain. I suddenly saw a bullet wound in her back. She had been shot. Before I could think, I felt something hit my right leg, and everything went black.