Prologue

It was cold and dark. Again, I found myself alone, why was I surprised? Things have always been different for me. I guess that's why I find myself here, in these cold and wet woods. I am alone and in pain, but I find myself not caring anymore. So many people I have hurt and so many more I am capable of hurting. I am nor human, nor animal. I was nothing like the other experiments. I was built with the purpose of serving. I always listened and completed every mission given to me. He was different though and I couldn't cut down such a weak and willing spirit. That's when I changed, and that's when my own creators and protectors turned on me.

I am number zero, just called Zero for short. I am a genetic experiment made by the Military. I was built to be strong, fast, quiet, and cunning. I was made to get the job done fast. I was made to be the perfect pet, I am the perfect wolf. My body made to look nothing like my form. Five feet two inches, female body; my human form is small, tan, brown long hair with dark eyes. I am thin and in shape. My other side is big, built, black hair that covers my body in the dark night, and the sharpest of teeth that can cut down anything I feel need be to cut down.

I am eighteen and have been used as an assassin by the Military since the age of five. I am not the only one though, there are numbers one through five. Everyone built and made for certain tasks. I have always protected my team mates, always wanted to keep them safe and yet here I am. I hear them now, all of them working together to hunt me down and take me back. It's funny how things work out in ways you don't except. Never could I have seen myself sitting here on the cold, wet forest floor, so injured that I'm not even capable of shifting back into my human form. I never knew someone as heartless as me could have so much blood. My spirit was broke and I couldn't fight any longer. He was safe though and I made sure of it, so now I could die in peace. It was nice to just close my eyes and give in. It was nice to know I wouldn't have to fight any longer. I heard their voices when they picked up my sent, they found me, but it was all too late because though I lost the battle, I won the war and they knew it.