Chapter 24 - Corrin

I was finally there. The labs were big and divided into sections. It was easy to tell which buildings were the holding cells for the shifters. There were guards walking around everywhere, I wasn't going to get in with my wolf form. I shifted back into my human form and looked around to take note of everything I could from this angle. I was hiding in the tree line in some bushes, the sun had just gone down. A guard started walking my way and I ducked, he walked up to the bush I was hiding in and stopped short. There wasn't anyone around at the moment, time to make like a chameleon and blind in. I whistled and the guard walked closer, just what I wanted. I grabbed the guy and before he could scream I snapped his neck. Before I did anything else I looked at the man's body, I hoped he didn't have family and I made up a lie in my mind that he was a horrible person I had to kill to live.

I dragged his body off some and put on his uniform. Normal security guard uniform, armored clothes all black and a normal black baseball type hat. I got up and walked in the closest building trying to stay out sight as best I could without looking suspicious. I was walking through a white hallway when I heard a bunch of footsteps coming my way, I instantly ducked into the nearest room. It was a dark room so I didn't worry about anyone being in it. I listened as the footsteps walked by, just as I was about to sneak back out a voice came from behind me causing me to freeze.

"Now you must be in some serious shit if a security guard is hiding."

The voice was decently deep and definitely male but also weak. I turned around slowly and my eyes went wide, I didn't even have to ask who he was, I know who he was.

"Take a picture and it will last longer."

"Your-your"

"Yea, yea get it out your system. Not like you can call me anything I haven't been called before."

"Number One"

Shelby was right he was completely bolted up and looked horrible. Bruises, cuts, dried blood everywhere.

"Wow, haven't heard that in a while. Who's asking?"

I didn't know what to say, I stared at him in complete fascination. He may only be half in his bird form but his wings were huge. I didn't even say another word I started looking for ways to get him out, it wasn't till I started ripping his medal cuffs away that he started speaking again.

"Hey dude look, who are you? What's going on?"

I was able to break the chains and cuffs and it was easy to find the unlock buttons to open up the main latches locked onto him. When I had him all undone the skinny frail man fell to the floor and I caught him right before he landed face first. He immediately shifted into his all human form. When he looked back up at me I was finally able to speak to him.

"My names Corrin and I need your help."