Final Chapter - Corrin

My mind was empty, with One by my side we ran as fast as we could, hoping they wouldn't find us. I never looked at Zero or Shelby the whole time we were running, I didn't want to, I didn't want it to be real.

As we were running back up into the mountain we passed by the place Three and Two had laid, but Two's body was gone, I hope that meant he was ok. We kept running though without slowing down for even a split of a second.

I had felt when Zero finally fainted and her body went limper, I needed to get that collar off her and One as soon as I could. After a good while One's frail body finally started to give out so I motioned to him that it was time to stop, and he understood well. We stopped on the edge of a cliff that looked down into the valley where the labs were. We set the girls down on a nice grass spot. Then me and One walked over to the cliff edge and looked down.

Fire and smoke was the only way you could tell where the labs were. We had run through most of the night and were high up in the mountains now. As I looked out with One the sun started coming up, just peeking over the land line.

"A new day for a new start."

I looked over at One, I had almost jumped at his words, nothing was said since we left. I looked back at the girls and then after glancing at One I looked back at the sun coming up.

"So now what?"

We both stared out at the distance and just kept our thoughts to ourselves then as if a ghost were speaking from the dead, a familiar voice spoke up as she slowly made her way behind us.

"Now... We run. Till the day we are needed comes again."

Zero stood between us as she looked out as well. She was right, we could never be truly free, so we must wait for the time when we are needed again and I'll sure in hell be ready.