•the lab•

Joyce, Jonathan and Nancy stayed home as Steve, Robin, Eleven, Mike, Lucas, Max, Will and I got into the car. Steve rushed to the Mall as fast as he could, he was so desperate to save Dustin. The car ride was dead silent. Steve drove as fast as he could, wanting to get to Dustin before anything happened. As we got to the Mall we sneaked past the builders and went down the elevator.

We got into the big main room and Steve doesn't even hesitate to check for guards or other Russians. We all follow Steve and he storms towards the door leading into the lab. As he slightly pushed the door, I stopped him by putting my hand on top of his.

"There might be thousands of Russians in there."

Steve looked down and even though he wanted to be the hero, he knew he couldn't. He stepped back and I stood in front of the door. I turned my hands into fists and I gently closed my eyes. As I felt the power rush through me, I snapped my eyes open and I kick the door open.

The door flies wide open and two soldiers stand on both sides of the desk. They snap their heads towards me and aim their guns at our group. I grunt as I lift my arms up and 'control' them.

"Leave," I shout. They both put their guns by their side and march out of the lab and into the hallway. I sigh and drop my arms and my body feels weak. I close my eyes and feel the stiffness and power go away and my eyes go back to normal.

"What the shit?" I hear Robin whisper. I look at the glass screen and small cage and I run towards it, everyone following me. We all bang on the glass and Dustin lifts his head. He smiles and uses his strength to run to the glass. The cage doors were wide open however Dustin was sitting in the corner of the cage. As Steve hits the glass, hoping to break it, I look over my shoulder and glance at the red button.

I hear the group hitting the glass and I slam my hand onto the button, forcing the doors to open. As the glass screen opens up, Steve runs up to Dustin and hugs him so tight that his fragile body was crushed. Steve repeated his name over and over again to calm himself and Dustin down.

We all run up to the glass and all cry as we see Dustin looking worse than ever. Will hugs Dustin and then everyone follows, turning it into a big group hug. As we all kneel and hug each other in the bright room, I hear quiet shuffles and I let go of the hug. I turn around and see Doctor Owens and a guard behind the desk. The guard has a gun to Owens' head and he looks broken.

He had a black eye and his uniform was slightly torn. He shed a tear and quickly wiped it away with his sleeve. Everyone else was still hugging and I was the only one focused on the men behind the desk. Doctor Owens mouthed the words, 'Im sorry' and he pressed the red button, forcing us into the room.

"No!" I yelled, running to the screen. The doors close and everyone lets go of each other. As we all stand up, another guard runs into the glass room through a secret door. He has his gun aimed at us and Steve and Robin put their arms up.

"Go!" The guard says motioning us to go into the cage. Everyone gets into the cage but me. As everyone gets into the cage, I close the door behind them, automatically locking it. When Will sees me outside of the cage, he runs up to the walls and puts his hands around the bars.

"Y/N! What are you doing?" He yells. I look at him and give him a soft smile.

"Trust me."

I look back at the guard and he has his gun aimed at my chest. I softly close my eyes and clench my fists. Once again, I feel the power rush through me and I snap my black eyes open.