•hawkins video store•

"So where do you think he went?" I ask. We all started walking out of the Byers house. Will and I were putting on shoes as Mike and the others stood there watching us. I had the keys to Jonathan's car in my pocket. We will only be an hour or so, right? Once I put on my shoes, I throw the keys to Max and she unlocks the car. Lucas sits in the passenger seat as she sits in the front seat, starting the car.

Lucas and Max wait in the car while Mike, El and I wait for Will to put on his shoes.

"We don't know. Maybe he went to visit Steve?" Mike questioned. Steve is in town right now; he works at some video shop. I get into the car and realise we don't have enough seats. I sigh,

"I will have to sit on the floor, we don't have enough seats."

Max and Lucas nod and I see the others walking up to the car.

"So can you drive us into town, Dustin might be seeing Steve right now."

Will gets into the car and sits behind the driver's seat. I sit on the floor in the middle and El sits in the middle, me sitting in between her legs. Max starts the car and drives out of the driveway. Lucas was giving Max directions to the Video Store while Mike and Will talk about where Dustin could be. El and I stay silent, not knowing what to do.

The streets were filled with people because of the accident with the Mall. The shops were filled and you could hardly see in front of you because there was that many people there. Cars were everywhere, giving us no car spaces. Once we find a car space, a few shops down from the video store, Max parks the car. 

We all hop out and run towards the video shop. Mike pushes people out of the way so we have a clearer path. We run past shops and trip over a few people. As we run through the streets of Hawkins, we see 'Hawkins Video Store'. I see a high school student standing behind the counter. She had her hair into a messy bun, wearing a black uniform; she had bracelets and necklaces hanging off her. We run up to the counter, the girl looking down at her nails. When she looks up at us, she sighs at us. She obviously knows the others.

"Oi, loser, your children are here."

The doors behind her open to see an annoyed Steve. His 'perfect' hair was flattened down by a black trucker cap with the words, 'Hawkins Videos' on it. He was wearing the uniform as well. He sighs and rolls his eyes. He throws his hat onto the counter and hops over the bench.

"What do you want? Aren't you supposed to be at school?" He spat.

"We can't find Dustin. He didn't show up to a few periods and El lost her powers and we were wondering if he is here?" Mike said.

Steve's eyes widened as he walked around the bench, closer to us. He looked at Robin then back to us. Robin looked between Steve and us guys. She obviously knew about El and her powers but she was more confused about where Dustin went.

"He hasn't shown all day, where else could he be? We need to find him now." Steve said nervously, he was also yelling as well, like it was our fault that Dustin went missing. Steve cared about Dustin more than any of us. I mean, he did care for us but he cared for Dustin on a whole new level.

I looked at the group and they looked clueless, they didn't know where Dustin went. As Steve watched their faces drop he walked around the counter. He grabbed his hat and threw it further into the small room and closed the windows.

"Oi, where you going?" Robin yelled at Steve. "You are still on your shift."

Steve ignored her and continued walking out of the store. Robin huffed and walked out from behind the bench to follow him. As Steve heard her lock the barrier to the counter. He turned around to face us all,

"Let's go get Henderson."