•family•

this is a short chapter so soz

"You're cute Byers." I giggle as he gently places his lips on my neck. I run my fingers through his wet hair as he continues to kiss my neck. The group were all talking or just playing around. El and Max were talking while the boys were splashing water at each other. We were all in a circle, a small one though. The pool was too busy for us to be spread out. The group weren't paying attention to Will and me so I turn to face him.

I put my arms around his bare shoulders and he wraps his arms around my exposed waist. I smile at him as he comes closer to me. I lean in to kiss him when a bunch of water comes towards us. The boys all laugh as they soak us with water.

"Stop making out in public," Dustin yelled.

"Shut up, it's romantic," Max yells back at Dustin, splashing him with water. We all giggle as we start to splash each other.

­­­­­­­­_________­­­____

"So is Byers my new nickname?" Will said, holding my hand. Will and I are walking home from the pool. Both of our towels wrapped around our shoulders and our bags on our backs. The group all went their separate ways once we finished at the pool. We stayed at the pool for a few hours, swimming then resting then swimming again.

I look at Will and give him a soft smile,

"Yeah, well your last name is Byers. And it sounds cute."

Will looks down at the ground as he says,

"I can't wait for your last name to be Byers."

We both look at each other at the same time, him giving me a goofy grin. I giggle and kiss his cheek. We continue to walk down the dirt road in silence, holding each other's hand. After a couple of minutes, Will speaks up, breaking the silence,

"What is your last name?"

I look up at Will and I give him a thoughtful look. I don't know. When I was twelve I was taken away from my family but the lab did something to make me forget my own last name. Sure I remembered my first name and I remember a few memories from my childhood, but I can't remember who my Mom is and what her name is. I don't even know my own last name.

I guess I've just gone with Byers over the past two years because I've been living with the Byers family. I think for a second, trying to think of an answer for Will.

"I don't know actually, its kinda stupid that I don't even know my own last name after all these years."

Will nods at my response, he also looks worried. We made it to the house and he opened the front door for me. As we enter the house, I see Joyce and Jonathan making dinner as they talk about their day. They both turn around as they hear the door close.

Joyce gives us both a welcoming smile as we walk through the corridor and into the bedroom. I place down my bag and put all of my wet clothing in the laundry. As I get into some comfy clothes, I see Will sitting on the bed looking thoughtful.

"Will what's wrong?" I say, sitting on the bed, putting my hand on top of his. He looks at me and replies with,

"I want to help you find your family."