•finished•

~this is not the end of the book, it's just the title of the chapter~

As I watch the thing run towards me, I realise it is going to kill me. My dark eyes widen and I run towards the desk. The creature follows me and I make it to the desk. I look at the gun beside the half-eaten soldier. I quickly pick up the gun and gasp as I see the demodog running towards me. The creature leaps onto me, causing me to fall onto my back.

As the demodog opens its mouth to kill me, I pull the gun over my face, causing it to bite onto the gun. I grunt as I try to push the thing away. I look at the group and they are all watching closely, Will crying into his palms. Seeing Will cry makes me want to cry as well but I need to hug him again, kiss him again and hold him again.

I look back at the demodog and I feel a sudden rush of strength. I scream as I push the gun upwards, causing the demodog to lift up. I sit up and push the creature off the gun. I grunt as I watch it fall onto the cold tiles.

I aim the gun at the creature as I get back up onto its feet. I place my fingertips on the trigger and hold it as I shoot the demodog in the face and chest. It whimpers as it falls next to my feet. I sigh as I drop the gun, exhausted because of the recent events.

I groan as I stand up, my body weak and sore. I limp as I make my way over to the cage, desperate to let them out. The group was either in tears or shocked from the gruesome sight. I see Dustin swallowing down the food that Lucas packed in his bag from a few nights ago.

I set over the broken glass and limp over to the group. Will immediately stands up as I make my way to the door of the cage. I turn the key and I open the door. I focus my eyes on Will and Will only. I don't care if the whole world was watching, I was only looking at him. I step into the cage and open my arms to hug Will.

The cage was huge so Will had to run a little to make his way over to me. He hugged me tighter than ever. I sobbed onto his shirt as I held him tighter. The group was silent as they watched Will and I cry onto each other's shoulders. El was leaning against Mike, exhausted from her use of powers.

I understand why she is tired and worn out, she was weak from the start. When she thought she lost her powers, she must have been too weak but when she saw me and the others in danger she found her strength. Mike was playing with her hair and the others were in shock.

Dustin was still eating the food out of Lucas's bag, hungry from the long days of starving. I pulled away from Will and looked at the rest of the group. They all silently stood up and watched me as I wiped the tears and blood from my face.

I opened the cage door even wider and let everyone walk out. Once everyone walked out of the cage and over the broken glass, I took out the keys and put them in my pocket. Everyone was almost out of the lab but Will was waiting for me.

As I stood on the shattered glass, Will put his arm around me, forming a side hug. I put my arm around his thin waist and rested my head on his shoulder. He rubbed my arm as he kissed the top of my head. I was looking at the gruesome scene in front of me. I did that. I killed these people. The problem was, was that I didn't feel bad or sorry, well except for Doctor Owens.

As I feel my eyes burn at the sight of a dead Doctor I hear Will whisper into my ear,

"Don't feel bad, they did worse things to you. You were so brave and strong. I love you."

"I love you too."

I smile at his words and start to walk out of the lab, leaving the place forever. As we walk out, still in our side hug, he looks down at me,

"What are we going to do when we get home?"

I look up at Will and smile,

"Wanna play D&D?"