4: ~Everything Is Dark~

Credit artist: Instagram - _jonah_likes_to_draw_
-
-
-

Mumbo's P.O.V.

Despite the light hearted words I left Grian I was stressed. One wrong turn and I could lose sight of where I am. It's dark, stuff everywhere, it's basically like Grian's unorganized base. Except items can't trip you. As I fall to the ground with a light 'thump'.

I see the torches to the cave. Jumping through and over various debris and broken blocks I sprint my way to the cave to find.

No one.

Both Iskall and Ren are gone.

"No! GAHH! Brilliant! Where have they gone!"

Iskall's P.O.V.

I don't know when I drifted off to sleep but to my complete surprise I see Mumbo gone. Yeah, I knew it. Mumbo is so determined to get something important done I swear. "REN!" Ren jumps up in surprise and terror.

"AH! W-what Iskall..."

I point to Mumbo's empty bed. "That idiot." Ren smacks his face in frustration. "My dude, we have to find him. He might get us in more trouble than Grian is in."

Ren packs up the medical and food supplies while I scope out the area. Darkness and dread. I can smell the rain. It's not the pleasant smell of fresh rain on a hot day. I find the smell to be the description of the word doom.

"Alright, where do you think he's gone?"

"I wish I knew, Mumbo isn't that predictable Ren."

"Well... Splitting up is a horrible idea. So we should try to get a higher angle of the area."

"I found a nice cliff over there."

"I think that will do. We just have to be careful. The elements of this storm might knock us off."

"To our dooooom."

"Hehe... Yeah, to our dooom. Now let's get up there as fast as we can. Mumbo might be in trouble."

Mumbo's P.O.V.

"WELL THIS IS TROUBLE!"

My voice echoed through the skies. They wouldn't leave me. Would they? I can't see that from them. But right now I wish I could see them in front of me. Would make everything easier and Grian in less pain. Where would I even look for them? I have to think like Ren and Iskall. What the hell would they do! Well. They have to be close by hopefully, flying in this condition is basically deadly. Getting smashed into a building is not fun.

"ISKALL! REN!"

Calling out is useless, I can't waste my breath on this. I trek of around the area, looking for signs of them. It would of been smart to just plant a sign down to say that they left to find me or something. It's fine... it's really not but it's fine. Grian, he's so adorable and innocent. He's basically the embodiment of a child in a good way. Pushing every button in sight, putting items in places they shouldn't be, but always makes it up to you no matter what.

"...i honestly think we should take a different route ren..."

Was that? How lucky am I. They must of just barely left.

"ISKALL! HEY SWEDEN SHORTS!"

...

"MUMBO!?"

"ISKALL! I'M BY THE CAVE!"

"MUMBO YOU ARE IN SO MUCH TROUBLE!"

I could here physical footsteps. Iskall and Ren emerges from around the corner. Both very mad and disappointed at me.

"Why. Didn't. You. Stay. In. The. Cave." Iskall said within every pause he nailed me in the arm. "I just... wanted to?" I just wanted to see Grian...

"That was kind of dumb dude."

"Yeah, I know but I found him. So it was all worth it in the end now please. We have to go."

"But I'm not done scolding you-"

"Grian is literally bleeding out come on Iskall!"

I ran in the direction Grian is in. The familiar feeling of dread. The familiar sound of my shoes hitting the ground, sprinting towards Grian. I hear Ren and Iskall behind me. I can't slowed down for them. But I know I can't lose them either, for me, I was keeping a painfully slow pace. I just wanted to run max speed. Grian. We are coming for you.

RenDog's P.O.V.

How does the mustached man run so fast. I swear, he's like a jet on ground. I'm worried, if Mumbo is this worked up it not going to look good. I'm not sure if he used the word literally, well literally. I hope that he isn't intensely bleeding out.

That when Iskall and I saw him.

It's horrific.

"Grian!"

Mumbo rushes over to Grian's side immediately. Comforting him, telling him everything is fine. Man the guy's good.

"Mumbo you have to move." I said forcing my way by Grian. Mumbo was reluctant but complied. I looked over to Iskall who was preparing to tend to the wound in his stomach. In order for us to tend to in, we have to remove the quite large object. If this was smaller then we would wrap around it. You such never remove an object from someone unless it is too big to wrap around or will cause more damage if lugged around.

"Mumbo. You have to help me remove the rod."

"WHAT! Wouldn't that kill him instantly?!"

"Not if we patch him immediately after. He might pass out but it's better than dying."

Mumbo and I grab the large rod. Iskall gently lifts Grian to get the bandages started. Grian is groaning from the movement but is fairly content.

"Grian, this will hurt a little. Just please don't move around too much."

Grian nods and we begin the painful process.

~Words: 925