11: ~Living Ahead~

Credit artist: Tumblr - Sweebread
-
-
-
Mumbo's P.O.V.
After all that has happened to me this is the most emotionally exhausting experience I've ever had. What do I do now I have this information? He confessed, I confessed. I honestly didn't think I'd get this far.

Grian and I sat in silence, both of us completely consumed in our thoughts. Grian awkwardly moves closer to the fire and is still beet red from what, ahem, happened.

"We are so awkward" Grian chuckled.

I sat up at that comment. "I'm sorry for being uh... mmm..."

"Intense?"

"Yeah, spider poison does stuff to you... so... uh... you seem to be recovering better. Right?"

Grian brushes his hand across his stomach. Looking at his legs then arm.  "Yeah, it was like an adrenaline rush. It hurts no doubt but not bad."

If he was hurt so much then how? "You were bitten too right?"

"Yeah I just, I don't know. In a world where you can craft anything and you can hold a full bed in your inventory, I wouldn't question it." It was quiet yet again, he looks deeply in the fire.

"You know I didn't carry you here right? Iskall did, I hobbled behind. I tried to help! But I just hurt myself in the process. I wanted to help, even with my vision being blurry I wanted to be useful!"

Maybe I shouldn't of asked if he was okay, hehe. "Grian" I gently guided his head to my shoulder.
"It's okay, sometimes the only way to help is to help yourself."

"But, I don't wanna help myself."

"Grian, c'mon. It'll help me out and I have a feeling you're hiding your pain right now just to make me feel better."

"W-well! I would say that! Y-you're..."

Grian leans the rest of his body weight on me as he grabs his left arm.

"Yeah, Mumbo. You're good at revealing the truth. It really hurts. Walking is a pain! I can't straighten my legs to walk properly! My stomach always feels disconnected and my arm can't support lifting anything."

Grian just keeps on talking about how much he's been hiding since we've been in the cave. It feels like he's so confident when talking to me. Willing to talk to me about anything. I'm honored to listen to him. But then again I wasn't paying attention because I was in my head. Oops.

Grian's P.O.V.
Another rant to Mumbo. I feel bad, he always listens to me but he never really talks about himself. I feel...
"Selfish..."

"What'd you say Gri?"

"OH! N-nothing just uhh..."

"What's selfish Grian?" He lightly leans his arm against me.

"M-mumbo, don't you wanna talk about what you feel?" He was taken aback. I could feel him tense up.

"I'm just, not very keen on sharing my feelings I guess."

"Well Mumbo, it not fair if we're sharing and you aren't sharing anything. I'm being selfish for hogging the spotlight."

"No no! You're not selfish, it's just not my thing."

I lift my head to meet his, "Please?" Mumbo looks down at me like I'm a little puppy. Red spreads his face.

"Stop it! You adorable..." I continue to look at him.

"Well... I feel okay, I honestly thought the poisonous spiders would have more of an effect on me I guess."

"They are probably just weak bois!"

Both of us chuckle at my response.

I could stay like this forever with Mumbo, I really really really care about him. This is the best!

"Mumbo, I love you like, a lot."

"The feelings are the same Grian. I l-love you too!"

~Words: 668
Author's Note: I want this to be the last chapter. I don't really have the same spark to write this story anymore. I really hope you enjoyed it and I plan on writing another story with Grian and Mumbo. In fact, it might come out later today. I'm calling this story complete and I thank you for reading!
-UWU