5

"So, how did it go with Bronwyn?" Cooper asks Nate, walking up to him and sitting across from the food court table.

Cooper and Nate were meeting up at the Bayview Mall for just a little bit along with TJ and Luis.

They do it every once in a while to have some "bro time," as Luis calls it, and every time TJ says something along the lines of, "you're a fucking idiot."

Nate looks up from his phone, squinting his eyes at him.

"What do you mean?"

Cooper scoffs, "What do you mean 'what do I mean?' How did it go with Bronwyn at the party last night? You talked to her, right?"

Nate nods, looking back at his phone.

Cooper's exasperated. "That's it? You're not even gonna tell me what happened?"

Nate sighs as he shuts his phone off and looks back at Cooper.

"Nothing happened. I went up to her, we said hi, she apologized for what happened to my mom, and then we talked about some random stuff. That's it."

Cooper lets out a loud laugh that causes a few people to look at him for a second.

"You're a fucking idiot, man," he says. "You need to become friends with her again, dude."

Nate squints his eyes at Cooper again. "Why?"

"So you can get together and be with your soulmate, that's why." He says, giving him a grin.

"Just because we share the same mark doesn't mean we're supposed to actually end up together," Nate starts. "She can be with who she wants to be."

Cooper rubs his face with his arms, frustrated. "You're an actual fucking idiot. She's gonna want you when she finds out you two are soulmates."

Nate shrugs. "You don't know that."

Cooper let out a dry chuckle. "Of course I do. It's Bronwyn Rojas. She's gonna get what she wants. And what she wants is her soulmate just as much as she wants Yale."

"How do you even know that?" Nate asks him.

He shrugs. "I'm friends with Addy."

Nate shakes his head and looks behind Cooper. "Whatever man, TJ and Luis are coming our way."

Cooper shakes his head. "We're not done with this."

Nate smiles. "Sure we are."

But he knows for certain they're not.

__

"So, you think I should ask her to hang out?" Nate asks Cooper over the phone.

It's been about 5 days since the party, and Nate has been going almost insane not being able to talk to Bronwyn in person.

He would like to come up to her and talk to her at school, but he's scared she might reject him in front of all her friends.

That's not how I want to spend the last couple of months of high school.

He would remind himself, so he wouldn't go up to her.

Cooper sighs for the hundredth time in the last 5 minutes. "You're so fucking stupid. YES. Y-E-S. I've told you this now 10 million times already."

Nate rolls his eyes, throwing his legs up on his desk and crossing one over the other. "Whatever man, I'm gonna text her now."

Even though he can't see it, he can feel the smirk Cooper has on his face. "Alright."

Without saying goodbye, Nate hangs up the phone and goes to his messages.