Chapter Five: Connor

» Connor «

» Connor «

Well... I made a new friend.

The day was honestly not going anywhere near that bad. I was having a great time giving Zach, the new friend, some sort of a tour around the school campus; even though we aren't even walking and exploring around anymore. We're currently just sitting in a bench talking about things that we want to know about each other. And wow, I still can't believe I'm actually talking with a newly found boy friend—yes, emphasize the space—right now. I was expecting myself to blank out and run out of things to say but my expectations were wrong. Zach is actually such an easy person to talk to, he seems like such an outgoing individual and I'm here for that; I need as much extroverted energy in my life to show me what I've been missing by refusing to go outside all the time. I doubt I'd change overnight though, but if it's with Zach, I might. (Apologies to Axel, his plans of partying every Friday does not and will never fucking enchant me.)

I learned more things about Zach. For starters, I got his name; then he told me that he does not read books that much anymore—but he used to, now he just doesn't have the time to do so; plus, him reading and writing scripts makes up for that red flag anyway. He also directs short movies and I couldn't help myself but be curious so I asked him if I could see one of his films "someday," which was brave of me to say. Thank God he did not reject that idea though even if he does not mean it. 

This is our own group circle, just the two of us talking and somehow, that's enough for me.

It's been like two hours of talking to Zach and I could now officially say that this is the best Orientation day I've experienced in this school throughout my last two years of studying here. I know it's too early for me to say this because something might go wrong. Like for example, what had happened at the group circle on last years' orientation day.

Lucas and Nick, the two person I connected really well with during the group circle I joined in last year. We had many similarities; like our love for books and Marvel movies to name a few. I talked to them for a few hours as well until the first day ended and I was expecting to have two new friends the next day, but nope. Apparently, Ben had told the both of them that I was gay even if I'm not even labeling myself to anyone yet, but that was enough for them to avoid me forever, then they both instantly became the new members of Ben's "clique" as I would call it. 

Oh, and I forgot to mention, Lucas was sitting on the other bench earlier next to ours; before he walked away with that annoying pretentious face of his, he even gave Zach and I a weird gaze. I guess he's going to be the messenger bird this time to report the news to Ben.

I swear, Ben's clique is just so fucking annoying—especially Ben; and I'm honestly beginning to think that he has an obsession with me or something because he's always updated to whatever I'm doing just to make fun of me.