The energy never dies

Clover's POV

"Right I gotta go!" I said quickly as my eyes shot down the the clock.

"So soon?????"He was like a child when it came to me leaving, I wished could have stayed but I had much more important things to do!

"I'm afraid so Dan the man, I have to see my dad and I'm really late!" I pulled on his leather jacket (with a massive irish flag stitched inside), it was cold outside and I would find any excuse to wear it... Dan just stared at me as if I had just taken his life, it made me laugh how protective he was over his jacket yet he still wore it to gigs where fans would literally claw at it (I swear that things indestructible) I gave him a quick hug and ran for the door. "See ye later Dan"

"Are ye gunna take my shoes as well?!" I looked down and realised I was still wearing his docs from my little trip to the shops earlier but I looked around and still couldn't see my shoes, "are ye looking for these?" He bent down and picked up my shoes and chucked them towards me, giving me a half hearted smirk when I failed to catch them.  I was ready to go. "Byeeeee!" Dan shouted down the hall and I lifted a hand give him a wave...  I genuinely missed him as soon as I turned my head!

*  *  *

I arrived at my dad's house and couldn't help but notice he still had a witch door knocker from halloween last year...  No wonder the milkman hadn't been in a while! Just then I had a tiny flashback to my childhood, standing at the same old door holding mum and dad's hands as the estate agent opened the door, I think I was about seven and I was so excited to move into a new house and my dad has lived there ever since.

My dad opened the door and snapped me back to reality by giving me a hug. I was happy to see him but it broke my heart to see his pale skin and thin face, I really wished I could have taken that pain away from him.

"How's my little Clover?" He smiled and invited me in, the living room didn't look as it normally did, there was pain medication on the side and a book of crosswords to keep him occupied.

"I'm fine dad... Wow, living room looks like it belongs in a different house" I thought maybe making myself laugh would make me feel better about the whole thing but that horrible feeling washed over me once again, I just didn't know what I would do without my dad.

"I want to talk to you Clo,just to get it over and done with and we can catch up after" he indicated his head towards the chair and my heart starting beating faster, I wasn't sure whether it was worry or what but I very rarely saw my dad being that serious, even when he was diagnosed he was still joking and laughing. "Clo,  I wanted to tell you myself. The doctors said I have about 3 months before... Y'know, anyway I just wanted to tell you that everything I have is yours. And I would like to be buried-"

"Dad..." I interrupted, choking up...  I really didn't like where this was going.

"Clo, please...  I'd like to be next to your mother, I know it was a long time ago but I never stopped loving her" I nodded my head and tears rolled down my face "its ok Clover, you will meet me on the other side, no matter what I'll still be your dad and I will still love you forever" I nodded again and he gave me a hug. What was going to happen started to feel too real...

A/N sooooo that was a bit down beat but it will cheer up a bit soon! Thanks for reading! Next chapter on its way soon!